zunnyman

Thoughts On An Alternative To Getting A Quick Glance Of Truth?

6 posts in this topic

I am hearing everywhere that the way this whole process of consciousness work is of doing the consciousness work, getting a quick glimpse to motivate and inspire yourself to continue with the consciousness work, and just keep doing that till you get enlightened. 

On the other hand, I took sadhguru's inner engineering course where he gives an analogy like this:

"Imagine you are trapped within 4 walls, but you don't know what exists beyond these 4 walls. Of course if all you know are these 4 walls, life is not so bad. However if somehow someone gave you the opportunity to jump really high vertically to the point where you can see beyond those 4 walls, and what you see beyond those 4 walls is a world of possibilities, then when you come back from your vertical jump, you will be miserable. So instead of having one big spiritual experience you can't handle and that will leave you disfunctional when you come back into your egoic existence, its better to gradually bring you over the 4 walls." Which he tries to do with shambhavi yoga

These aren't his exact words, but that is essentially what he is saying.

Now Im thinking which way should I do? My concern is will I be depressed from the point of my first glimpse till the point of enlightenment, and if so should I consider following sadhgurus way? 

Sorry if I sound ignorant about any of this, Im still newbie in consciousness work. 

Edited by zunnyman

There is no wrong path @zunnyman

So if it feels right, do it

Some get hit by the Truth without looking, some have to enquire about it for a little while before it hits, some spend a long time looking for it stepping from stone to stone before hits, some spend there entire lives looking and never get hit, some don't even look at all. Yet it remains, constant and pure. In other words, there is no absolute rule and set of principals that are right or wrong to follow, and you will only hit you in the moment, like it is doing right now. It isn't obvious because it isn't anything that you think it is, and will never be defined by a thought.

Hope this helps

Edited by Brimstone

@zunnyman Have you ever been depressed? I mean really depressed for months or years?

If you have you probably can deal with the depression that a big realization can bring. Otherwise take things slow, no need to rush things.

@zunnyman To me, that sounds so warm and fuzzy. Who wouldn't want to leave a dingy prison and enter the wondrous land of Narnia? Yet, not my experience. More like my ego threatens to make me go insane or kill me before it surrenders relevance and control. It was all fun and games until my ego had control ripped away from it's clenched hands.

Also, the two options you describe seem like the same path to me. Catch a glimpse of what lies beyond and gradually make progress toward it.

Edited by Serotoninluv

20 hours ago, zunnyman said:

Now Im thinking which way should I do? My concern is will I be depressed from the point of my first glimpse till the point of enlightenment, and if so should I consider following sadhgurus way?

Don't be so sure that you can direct your path so consciously. If you don't take powerful tools like 5-MeO-DMT you can expect to have an gradual, slow opening with more and more glimpses that will eventually stick and open you up.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.