Time Traveler

Beer Fasting

27 posts in this topic

I am fat.

I've tried different methods to get back to normal, but without much success.

One of most efficient  was was water fasting and I made it several times with good results, but it has several drawbacks:

• it is doleful
  • you feel weak sometimes
  • at the end of fasting, there is very seep curve of weight regaining
  • after fasting more than 8 days coming off a water fast requires the utmost care

So I tried to find some alternative and choose rather controversial beer fasting.

My first try wasn't completely successful cause I used all my month supply of beer in two days. Otherwise all went well - I felt good (except in mornings), I didn't want to eat and weight loss was good.

So about a month later I decided to take another try, this time trying to strictly disciplinezed  myself - not more than 4-5  beers a day with intervals no less than 3 hours. ( one beer = 0.5 liters ) 

Yesterday and today is my pilot, real go will be  sometimes later and I promise to publish my success every day.

Yesterday I used 5 beers and lost 1.6 kg.

Today at 15:40 I used one beer so far.

Wish me good luck !

@Time Traveler Good luck, but I'm hoping you've researched well and it won't harm your body. Here in Turkey a popstar was doing it (people are guessing she was anorexic, given she went from 60 sth kilos to 40 sth and still want to lose weight). She went into intensive care for a week or so cause her organs didn't respond well and now she's recovering.

Have you tried a low carb, ketogenic diet?

In second day of my pilot I discovered important thing.

When I practiced water  fasting I used  strictly water and nothing more to not disturb digestive tract. It was mandatory requirement.

On my pilots second day i was juicing apples and drank some juice. I didn't think it'll interfere with my fasting but it did. I got diarrhea immediately  and strong hunger.

So when Ill go for real fasting -nothing except beer and water !

@Pelin I have about 30 kg excess  weight so going anorectic isn't real risk.

Yes I have tried a low carb, ketogenic diet some 30 years ago with good results, but:

1) I read recently that it is not healthy

2) it is too difficult for me and requires too much discipline

@Time Traveler TERRIBLE idea. do some heavy research on the importance of your liver and stop craving for quick effortless fixes.

unborn Truth

@Time Traveler Where did you read it was unhealthy? What are the risks? I have done tons of reading on nutrition and the only people trying hard to disprove the low-carb diets are the same people who started the "low-fat for weight loss" fad, which in turn caused obesity, heart disease and sugar-carb addiction.

Lots of doctors from all around the world (even some mainstream doctors) are now transitioning to high-fat diets for especially long-term health, not only for weight loss. And I'm sure there are hundreds of articles about the possible side effects of beer fasting as well.

Besides, as @ajasatya mentions, if you want long-term results, you need the discipline. Not only for weight loss but also for personal development. I'm not judging you, don't get me wrong. I hope you will come back with good results, whatever path you choose.

edit:typo

Edited by Pelin

Dude, it sounds like a torture. Isn't it much easier to make a 300-400 daily calorie deficit? Fuck carbs, fuck fats, counting just the energy.

Apply consciousness to the burned area

15 hours ago, Time Traveler said:

Tomorrow I'm starting :)

Tomorrow you are starting... what exactly?

DAY 0, transition

Yesterday I made a transition from binge eating to beer  fasting.

Small breakfast in the morning and 7 beers in the evening.

Seven was too much, so I was not completely successful, but I kept one and a half hour intervals between beers as planned.

I lost 1.8 kg of weight.

Today I plan 4 beers with 3 hour intervals, starting at 14:00.

Yesterday I also started reading  "Never Binge Again" and I hope that conception of Pig inside me will help me to keep with the plan.

DAY 1

All went as planned: 4 beers at 14:00, 17:00, 20:00, 23:00

Lost weight 0.7 kg, total 2.5 kg

Sometimes felt hunger. Beer was not as delicious as ordinary. After first day seems that water fasting is easier.

DAY 4

4 beers,  as planned.

Weight gain 0.4 kg, total loss 4.0 kg.

Hunger disappeared, feeling weaker than ordinarily.

Yesterday I went to bath. Commonly I heat up three times, but yesterday only two because of dizziness. Later felt good again.

DAY 5

10 beers,  4 more than limit.

Weight loss 1.1 kg, total 5.1 kg.

Feeling very weak and muscle cramps at night.

Beer tastes as shit.

DAY 6

11 beers,  5 more than limit.

Weight loss 0 kg, total 5.1 kg.

Drinking too much :(

DAY 7

14 beers,  9 more than limit.

Weight gain 0.2 kg, total loss 4.9 kg.

Drinking too much.

END

This was the last day.

Can't look at beer anymore. Tastes shitty. Beer was last type of alcohol which I liked.

Comparing with water fasting, beer fasting was much worse.

Edited by Time Traveler

I JUST SAW THIS POST ALCOHOL IS NOT A DIET IT IS NOT A SUPPLEMENT. THIS IS A UNHEALTHY AND DANGEROUS.  ALCOHOL IS BASICALLY A POISON IT DEHYDRATES YOU YOU ARE  KILLING YOU LIVER and KIDDIES. 

STOP THIS CRAZY SHIT IMMEDIATELY !

I am reposting a reply I posted to another thread because it is relevant to this discussion and it could help you loose weight with out dangerios fad diets. Please read it. 

The answer to you question is juicing because what juicing does is takes out the fiber out of fruits and vegetables and concentrates minerals vitamins and nutrients  in amounts you could never eat.  You most defiantly feel a difference.  As juice does not have to be digested like food so it is metabolized quicker. Watch you carrot juice intake though if you drink to much it effects you body by turning yellow orange. You can you tube for more information.

An extreme example of what juicing can do for you is in Fat sick and nearly dead 1 and 2.  I would recommend them both as they give a good idea of what to expect when doing a juice cleanse. This is by no means feasible in the long term as it is very extreme. If you want a more moderate path (the path I have chosen) do a juice cleanse for as long as you feel you can one or two weeks is the least amount of time. Then eliminate or extremely reduce meat,  soda , junk food ect.

I personalty when I can afford it juice with a juicer blend and eat much less meat. 

Juicing and blending complement each other well because juice is not that filling because of the lack of fiber but blended drinks still have fiber and give you gut something to chew on.

The down side is vegetables and fruits cost a lot in most cases when you are talking about volumes you use in juicing unless you live by a vegetable market. One way to offset this cost is look for fruits and vegetables that are on sale.

A lot of the fun of blending and juicing is experimenting ( make small batches when unsure it will stop you wasting fruits and vegetables on concoctions that you will not drink) Side note cabbage when blending is not your friend never use cabbage in vegetable or Any blended drinks for that matter ,  it hijacks flavor completely.  

Blending can be cheaper but you will never get the concentrated nutrient values you are looking for in blended drinks. I started blending. When blending get a good blender I recommend a ninja it will cost you 100 bucks and it does a great job. Most of us can not afford a blend-tech or a vitimix. if money is not a option get a blend-tech I worked at Starbucks 2 years and that blender day in and day out shreds anything you throw at it. Some times you get lucky I got a Kenmore pro for like $150 because sears went bankrupt it is a mid grade blender that dose a great job as well.

My suggestion would be first cut out all the shit food you eat sugar salts empty carbs

Then juice cleanse for a week or two.

Reduce meat intake greatly  (Even the Dali lama eats small amounts of meat)

Juice at lest once a day and do not let juice sit longer than 24 hours nutrient value dies longer the juice sits.

The same is true of blending but I drink blended drinks even sooner I rarely will blend more than I can drink in a hour.

Moderation is the key when trying to build a eating lifestyle not a fad diet.

Stay away from extremes and try to build a diet with more good stuff and less crap.

80/20  rule : Is 80 % vegetables 20% fruit when juicing or blending. Natural sugar is good but not in excessive doses.

On top of what I just told you two other things that will make you feel better is acidophilus it is the good bacteria in you gut and it pays a huge role in digestion and the way you feel.  Get one that has at least 10 unique strains and has at least 10 billion (CFU) colony building units .     

Candida on the other hand is you bad gut  bacteria  feeds off sugar. So eliminate or greatly reduce sugar intake. you gut BACTERIA  should be 20 % bad Candida and 80% acidophilus. 

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates

Hope this helped

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

@Source_Mystic Uhm, I believe writing illiteral hysterical huge posts is really not the best way to convince someone.

@Time Traveler What are you going to do with your diet now?

CONCLUSION

This fast was one of the shittiest experiences and one of most valuable ones.

It showed what my addiction to beer is and how it affects me, it showed me how diet affects consciousness and how consciousnesses affects being.

I restarted meditation practice again and switched my focus from survival to joyful living.

I could not think about drinking a bottle of beer again, but maybe it'll pass :D

OK, that's enough ;)

@Azote As to my diet, I'm not decided yet, but the first steps I plan is:

1) gradually imposing rules I feel is good for me and then growing my discipline muscle to enforce them on me

2) experimenting with what helps and what not

3) slowly switching to healthier diet (vegetarian), but not forcefully - through meditation.

3) use regular water fasting periods when appropriate