harisankartj

Curious About Music

5 posts in this topic

What's the existential nature of music ? Have you ever contemplated on this ? we all jam to something.But where is it? what is it?

Not looking for any answer, just wanna get some thoughts . 

Start to play a musical instrument of your choice and just start to learn how to jam on that instrument for a while.  Then, start to inquire.  Your inquiries will have some nice foundation now.  Otherwise your mind is just gonna run wild on its own without any footing in reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@harisankartj this reminds me of the Dylan song, which I interpret as the One asking the human, “how does it feel to be on your own?”, “How does it feel to be without a home?” “With no direction home”, communicated by a human asking the very same questions of the One. I feel.    Music is direct in that manor. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

For me, it creates an experience of no-self. One becomes totally absorbed in the music that all sense of reality dissapears.

If you close your eyes and really get into the music, into the not-knowing of existence, then playing an instrument is quite amazing.

It's like a meditation, focus on the sounds, the feelings, and things will pop up. But it gets cool when mere sound can bring up emotions, sounds that you create. And when those emotions can be felt by others, then that is the ultimate form of communication.

@harisankartj great post btw. 

How about intense cardio eyes closed with ratm? Anybody? Everything just seems to disappear. Except for that ‘fuck the man’, that gets amped a little. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE