InfinitePotential

How To Breathe Properly And Oxygenate Your Body

28 posts in this topic

Im aware that im bumbing an old topic, but holy shit! This technique immediatly gave me more awareness on everything! It feels like my senses are picking up much more than previously, especially my sight

Glad y'all are benefiting from this stuff.  I've since learned that many of the pranayama and other yogic exercises are amazing for breathing less and oxygenating your body too.  Breathing out of one nostril, restraining your breath, slowing it down, holding it for extended periods of time, etc.  

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Really nice thread thanks @InfinitePotential

For the horizontal/diaphragm breathing, when I do it it feels like breathing only by expending the belly is not enough (although it probably is enough, or just not trained enough yet), and then after my belly is kind of full my breath switches to the chest to finish, is it incorect, and I should just breath only through the belly and not finish with the chest ?

On 2/6/2019 at 3:26 AM, Jordan94 said:

Really nice thread thanks @InfinitePotential

For the horizontal/diaphragm breathing, when I do it it feels like breathing only by expending the belly is not enough (although it probably is enough, or just not trained enough yet), and then after my belly is kind of full my breath switches to the chest to finish, is it incorect, and I should just breath only through the belly and not finish with the chest ?

For some breathing exercises (e.g. the “full yogic breath”), you want to expand and then empty your lungs as fully as possible, which requires you to move your chest (to expand your upper lungs). This can also be the case when exercising heavily.  

However, for breathing throughout the day (unconsciously, for most of us), it’s best to breathe as softly and gently, with as little movement as possible. So, probably just the belly. This can’t be forced, but can be trained through physical exercise (especially aerobic) and breathing exercises, healthy diet / lifestyle, consciousness work, meditation, relaxation, etc. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

12 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

However, for breathing throughout the day (unconsciously, for most of us), it’s best to breathe as softly and gently, with as little movement as possible. So, probably just the belly. This can’t be forced, but can be trained through physical exercise (especially aerobic) and breathing exercises, healthy diet / lifestyle, consciousness work, meditation, relaxation, etc. 

Ok thanks, that's what i thought

Also interesting that you say that for the normal breathing it should be with as litle movement as possible, I was not really doing it like that, when trying to exercice myself breathing from the belly (with the breathing exercice you describe in your first post), i was trying to mark the movement of the belly, overdoing it even

So it's way better to breath from the belly but actually still without having a big movement of the belly (which seems more natural yea) ?

The crude truth about breathing as hyperventilation fuels too much the body with carbon dioxide, contrary to what common sens will lead to. 

Natural breathing or as in this guide post is exposed leads to a more balanced ratio of oxygen. 

In conclusion, with rapid breathing or hyperventilation the body will not get the oxygen one expects, is the other way around. The body needs some moments to metabolize the oxygen, being the reason of too much carbon dioxide in a rapid "wim hof" breathing style. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.