Claire Verlyn

Having Acne Gives Me Frustration In Life

13 posts in this topic

i dont know how to say it but really, people without acne will not really understand how it feels to have acne. is acne just related to our mind? can we really cure acne by believing it and telling yourself some positive affirmations everyday? i have been using gentle cleanser, eating honey, multivitamin, multimineral, phytonutrient, protein shakes, vegetables, fruits (sometimes, not everyday). i was always looking for something that cure acne, reading reviews, but at the end, i just ended up being more stressed. i also find some people using oil and it is allegedly the most natural cure for acne. but i dont understand how it really works. i just watched olena's video on youtube and she says you should not put foods and oils on your face. after many years searching for the cure, i can conclude that many youtubers and bloggers who has cleared their acne by approaching natural way to cure it, they all have finally known that self love is important, stress is related to acne, and what you think about yourself affects your acne. my father said like that too and he just uses dove soap everyday to wash his skin but his skin is just perfect. Is acne just really mind problem??? please help me..

Have ever tried fasting? This may be a simple solution to your problem. You could research the different types of fasts from intermittent to extended. 

I would definitely second the fasting recommendation, especially the occasional extended fast. It produces profound autophagy within your cells and has a potent anti inflammatory effect. Really mastering this one thing could make your skin go from unhealthy to vibrant and radiant.

I would also highly recommend cultivating a meditation habit. Stress can indeed cause skin issues, and meditation is the best tool we have for stress management. Get really really good at relaxing your mind and body. This allows the body to heal, rest, digest, repair itself.  

Self love and a positive attitude is sure to help as well. Your subconscious has incredibly powerful healing abilities. I would recommend even affirming to yourself everyday (especially right before and after bed) that your skin is beautiful and radiant and glowing. Feel what it would (and will) feel like to be completely acne free. 

Additionally I would ditch the protein shakes and possibly the honey (especially if it's conventional, non local non organic honey). Eat only Whole Foods, as high quality as possible. See whole30.com. Some foods that seem especially effective for healthy skin are turmeric, fish oil, beets, pomegranate, raw cacao, leafy greens, and coconut oil. Consider going on a low carb diet. 

Get plenty of high quality sleep, practice good hygiene, relax as much as possible, perform tons of low level aerobic activity (i.e. walk a lot), and always feel grateful. What a great challenge to overcome!

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@Claire Verlyn Tbf, I've seen lots of praise for raw honey on the internet and elsewhere. And protein shakes around a workout can potentially be beneficial, but that's more for a bodybuilder and even then I wouldn't recommend it. 

The problem with both of these foods is they cause your insulin to spike -- keeping your insulin low (as well as improving your insulin sensitivity) is one of the most important things you can do to improve your acne. That's why I recommend going low carb, fasting, and exercising. 

And of course use good judgement, but even underweight people can achieve profound benefits from fasting (provided you're not in danger of starvation or anything). Actually, I've heard reports of underweight people fasting, and their digestion and health improving to the point where they could gain weight. 

As for foods to gain weight, I would recommend adding some high fat foods to your diet. Perhaps use more oils when cooking, consider dark chocolate, etc. 

@InfinitePotential i think it's impossible for me to do fasting because my parents will definitely forbid me doing it..i ever lost consciousness so my parents will be really mad at me if I'm doing it...by the way, i'm still 16 years old..maybe hormones can't really be controlled??? or i can cure it by positive affirmations and self love everyday????

@Claire Verlyn You technically fast every day, for example you're not eating when you're sleeping. Try extending the amount of time you go without eating, reasonably and gently. 

Before doing that, eating a low carbohydrate (or more accurately, a low glycemic) diet could really be beneficial for you. 

http://supernaturalacnetreatment.com/insulin-important-acne-hormone/

Research the benefits of fasting and low carbohydrate (low glycemic) diets, inform your parents.

As for positive affirmations and self love, yes those will help a ton. In the end it's your body doing the healing. You want to get out of its way by having faith that it is highly intelligent and doing what is best for you. You can even love your acne, your body is having an appropriate response to the condition it is in. It is proof of your health and the ability of your body to manage itself. Feel the way you want to feel about your skin. Really sit there and just feel that your skin is flawless and beautiful. You might have a negative thought come in like "but it isn't!", simply notice it and say to it " I can see how this belief has served me in the past, but no thanks, I choose to love my skin". Then truly feel love for your skin, and sit there and feel beautiful. Sounds great, but the trick is to actually do it, and do it regularly and often, and with intensity and emotion. Feel the way you want to feel. Doing it around bedtime could be particularly effective, as your subconscious is more impressionable at this time. 

And do those things which you believe help your acne (proper hygiene, clean diet, etc). They are like "permission slips" for your subconscious to heal itself. 

@Claire Verlyn correct, but be safe about it, do some research. It might help to eat low carbohydrate for some time first (because when you eat low carbohydrate your body will learn to use fat for fuel... if you just abruptly stop eating, your body may have a hard time tapping into your fat stores and you can have a pretty bad time for a few days).

Another option is a "fat fast". If you drink coffee or tea or anything like that, consider adding some coconut oil to it, and consuming only that throughout the duration of your "fat fast". Coconut oil itself is very good for acne (because it improves your insulin sensitivity) 

Cut out wheat, dairy and refined sugars and see how you go :)

B R E A T H E

On 08.10.2017 at 2:26 AM, Claire Verlyn said:

@InfinitePotential i think it's impossible for me to do fasting because my parents will definitely forbid me doing it..i ever lost consciousness so my parents will be really mad at me if I'm doing it...by the way, i'm still 16 years old..maybe hormones can't really be controlled??? or i can cure it by positive affirmations and self love everyday????

Why not doing a blood test to know for sure? Also, a dermatologist might give you some useful recommendations.

Apply consciousness to the burned area