caelanb

Which 'extra' Meditation Should I Do?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a beginner with mediation, sort of and I'm wondering what I should do if I would like to get into different mediation practises. I don't know what would be better for me, mindfulness meditation or self-inquire, or even the do nothing tequnique (which I have done, however it was not really working, possibly because I was doing it late at night while I was tired). I am doing meditation where I try to focus on my breathing to help calm my monkey mind, so would any one recommend any other good ones for beginner like me? Though I don't know if its smart to be doing like 4 different meditations every day. Thank you.

:D

Imagine that you're nothing but wave-energy fluxes.  You're in nowhere else.  Slowly but surely, you’d begin to divert into a realm of low frequency.  All things would rise and fall slowly and discretely – your imagination, breathing, thinking, etc.  As again, imagine you’re nothing but low-level of energy waves and then your mind would begin to channel into:-

Maintain…maintain,

sustain…sustain,

easy… easy,

let go…let go,

peace…peace,

silence…silence,

….cool…cool… 

(repeat)

Overtime, your ego would water down and evaporate into emptiness.  At the end of the day, transcending the mind via meditation would allow the dilution of one’s personal ego under the light of pure awareness and subsequently, it would give rise to the original source connection – the emptiness of all things. 

Brain Waves.jpg

Welcome to the fold and hats off to you for taking up meditation. I do breathe focused meditation in the morning & all day breathe awareness.  Guitar & singing a few times a week for zoning, concentration, and anything-but-seriousness. I do the do-nothing practice on solo retreats. One idea on meditation is to do it literally first thing in the morning and with each added day, carry the meditative state longer through your day. It takes a while, but if you love your rituals and let go of expectations, it will stay through your entire day and lead to blissful non-thought periods, which will eventually stay through out your day as well. I suggest loving the practice and thinking of it as 'you' time when all the world disappears. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Watch this video.  Leo talks about 4 kinds of meditation in it:

(1) Do nothing meditation

(2) Awareness-focus meditation

(3) Active release meditation

(4) Mindfulness meditation

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Welcome to the fold and hats off to you for taking up meditation. I do breathe focused meditation in the morning & all day breathe awareness.  Guitar & singing a few times a week for zoning, concentration, and anything-but-seriousness. I do the do-nothing practice on solo retreats. One idea on meditation is to do it literally first thing in the morning and with each added day, carry the meditative state longer through your day. It takes a while, but if you love your rituals and let go of expectations, it will stay through your entire day and lead to blissful non-thought periods, which will eventually stay through out your day as well. I suggest loving the practice and thinking of it as 'you' time when all the world disappears. ?

I am trying to carry the meditative state longer through the day and it's working fine when I do simple things like chopping vegetables, taking a shower and such. but everything is blown away as I study or interact/communicate with people. how do you do that? like how can you be aware (can that just mean watching your breath?) whilst listening to people and responding to them? 

whatever arises, love that

Remember the most important point is control, to not be a slave to the mind but having control over it and emptying it of all of it's unnecessary junk. The monkey mind can be quiet, it's a long process. The mind itself cannot end, that would equal to not existing almost.  It cannot be quiet 24/7, it's impossible. But having control is enough, most do not.

Oh wow thank you everyone, I will try to meditate more in the morning, before I do my stretching and carry on the meditation state as long as possible, however I've never really done that, so I don't know how it'll work. Thank you though, and I will watch that video as well @Joseph Maynor .

:D