harisankartj

Litmus Tests For Higher Consciousness.

7 posts in this topic

1. Is your experience of mind becoming more alone ?  Even when you are *cough* "with people" ?

2. Is your subjective intake of reality natural ? Are you letting  this moment speak for itself ?

3. Have you started to relate to people you knew differently ? 

4. Have you stopped chasing actualized.org and Leo Gura for the "grand prize of the self-actualized,purposeful life" ?

5. Are you feeling more alien to conventional society, how it works , and seen as a disease to the one who seeks to abide in truth ?

6. Have you reached the point where  " information put in spotlights " ---- (I refer to) books, movies , the news , teachings of spiritual leaders,pop culture and most importantly actualized.org....   are given the skeptical lens ... as that which has yet to stand the testing with (your) subjective experience of this moment ?

7. Has your heart started to burn with the desire of rising beyond the baseline human condition ... aka your reality of now ? Have you started to actively test the theory you study with direct experience aka NOW ? 

8. Have your actions been purified with the fire of awareness such that if you set out to do something ...that it is YOU...wholeheartedly who is doing it ..... not some conceptual,emotional, physical product of your society that's been told to follow an authority ? 

Note :- I myself am not immune to the traps of the conditioned human living. These are questions which I find instill consciousness in me. 

Thanks for those barometers. A few are obviously "yes", a couple other's are "sort of", yet it's hard to explain or pinpoint.

In particular, I am relating differently to people. Sometimes there is a connection "Hmm, I never thought of it like that". Yet, if I try to discuss things beyond ego and free will, it doesn't go over well. I started talking with a colleague about how everything we believe in is just stories. Our identity is a projection of life stories and sensations. If we grew up in the mountains of Peru, we would have completely different identities. So who are we? He gave me a "wtf, are you talking about" look. As well, I went on a date recently. We seemed so compatible. Yet, something happened when I brought up existential stuff. I never heard back from her. 

Who compiled that list?

This may be just my ignorance speaking as I am only a beginner but my experience has been almost the opposite of what you describe.

1. No I have never felt so integrated in my whole life 

2. I have no idea what that means.

3.Yes.

4.Yes.

5.Nope, see answer no. 1, I am less involved but that is the exact thing that let's me engage with it, because I'm less in my own head.

6. Yes.

7.Kinda, I just want to stop the suffering.

8. No I haven't felt less like there is a me or that I actually am in my entire life.To be honest I also haven't been more confused so take everything I'll say with a grain of salt.

My point is that it may not necessarily be that helpful to create such a list with seemingly arbitrary points. Because they may or may not be an actual product of your practice. You may just relate to ppl differently because your interest changed drastically and haven't spoken to old friends for a long time and not because you made any significant progress. Your mind being "alone" may be a product of you spending alot of time alone and not because of your practice. To me it feels like the points you listed may be related to consciousness work but not necessarily a direct product of having a higher consciousness.

Edited by Aimblack

@harisankartj I hear that loud & clear. Especially the *cough*. You might be in the awareness of the conceptualizations & separations, and about to be aware that it's all love. Society looks different as love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1. Is your experience of mind becoming more alone?  Even when you are *cough* "with people"?

I feel like I am all that exists. 

2. Is your subjective intake of reality natural? Are you letting  this moment speak for itself?

Totally neutral, unless stressed into a less-conscious response.

3. Have you started to relate to people you knew differently?

Yes.  I’m more compassionate and less egotistical.

4. Have you stopped chasing actualized.org and Leo Gura for the "grand prize of the self-actualized, purposeful life"?

Yes.  The best thing I can do for myself is to let go.  I do pretty good even without the false sense of control.

5. Are you feeling more alien to conventional society, how it works , and seen as a disease to the one who seeks to abide in truth?

Not really, because that’s all conceptual.  The only thing that exists is the moment.  But yeah, you gotta watch your intake portals.  Garbage in, garbage out.

6. Have you reached the point where  " information put in spotlights " ---- (I refer to) books, movies , the news , teachings of spiritual leaders, pop culture and most importantly actualized.org....   are given the skeptical lens ... as that which has yet to stand the testing with (your) subjective experience of this moment ?

I don’t need any more teachings.  The only teaching is to stop trying to control.  You do need to review materials daily to keep you keen on noticing the tricks of the mind though, so you do need theory work and review in enlightenment practice.  The mind will fog up your clear lenses, so you gotta wipe the mist off everyday.  You don't just become permanently enlightened.  The mind is always there trying to interfere.  This is why constant mindfulness is so important in enlightenment practice.

7. Has your heart started to burn with the desire of rising beyond the baseline human condition ... aka your reality of now ? Have you started to actively test the theory you study with direct experience aka NOW ?

I am totally content in the moment.

8. Have your actions been purified with the fire of awareness such that if you set out to do something ...that it is YOU...wholeheartedly who is doing it ..... not some conceptual, emotional, physical product of your society that's been told to follow an authority ?

Yes.  I am letting go of control and seeing through the tricks of the mind.  The most important teaching of enlightenment is that self-control is an illusion.  You do have a certain indirect self-control through mindfulness and Awareness.  The higher your Awareness, the better the dream gets for you.  But never think you are part of the dream.  You are Awareness of the dream.  And Awareness alone is curative.  

Relevant video to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Aimblack  This list wasn't anything I put a lot of thought into it. One afternoon after I contemplated on my existence there was an instant connecting of the dots of my reality... which integrated me and gave me higher understanding of what i was doing here on earth.

So the questions were spontaneously written.

14 hours ago, Aimblack said:

You may just relate to ppl differently because your interest changed drastically and haven't spoken to old friends for a long time and not because you made any significant progress. Your mind being "alone" may be a product of you spending alot of time alone and not because of your practice. 

Spot on. I have been alone for quite a while and that is what helped me to question a lot of stuff which otherwise I wouldn't have. Funny that you brought up the topic of "interest" , it was one of the things that I questioned during the last few weeks, and if I have to put it in a comprehensive objective way... yes,my interests have changed. (since I have seen through what it actually is)

14 hours ago, Aimblack said:

To me it feels like the points you listed may be related to consciousness work but not necessarily a direct product of having a higher consciousness.

I just shared the questions which made me ..mmmmm lets see.... "one up" on myself. These triggered experiential shifts....in me and may not in others. Seems like my set of questions were the wrong kind of koan for you.  

@harisankartj

I just shared the questions which made me ..mmmmm lets see.... "one up" on myself. These triggered experiential shifts....in me and may not in others. Seems like my set of questions were the wrong kind of koan for you.  

I have misunderstood you then, I took it as an absolute checklist of what makes higher consciousness.