PetarKa

Contemplating Logic

7 posts in this topic

For everyone interested in paradoxes, logic and its limits:

@PetarKa Awesome!

I'll cover Kurt Godel and Alfred Tarkski's discoveries in some future episode.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

The Structure of language is nothing but an art form of letters and symbols. Good vid :)

Grammar: late Middle English: from Old French gramaire, via Latin from Greek grammatikē (tekhnē ) ‘(art) of letters,’ from gramma, grammat- ‘letter of the alphabet, thing written.’

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

1 hour ago, Truth said:

The Structure of language is nothing but an art form of letters and symbols. Good vid :)

Sometimes spoken language sounds like music to me. I listen to a podcast of a Spanish woman with clear and beautiful pronunciation. Her tones and rhythm is like music. The clarity and detail of her thrills is amazing. When she talks, it is like listening to a guitar. She is like a highly skilled artist or musician. 

This only happens when I listen to certain foreign speakers, not my native English. Perhaps my perception changes because all the English words have meaning and I am unable to listen to only sounds without meaning.

Edited by Serotoninluv

You wanna know what's even more fascinating?  Awareness is more fundamental than logic or set theory or anything the mind conceives as fundamental.  Logic doesn't exist but for awareness.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Ok, so I am an idiot right :P

Can someone please clarify if the square root of 2 is an infinite number or is it odd or even?

If it is infinite then is it an irrational statement to say it is odd or even? Or is it neither irrational or non irrational because there is no way for 'human' consciousness to grasp it?

Based on the assumption that the square root of 2 is infinite x infinite then would that go a way to explain why we see 2 in infinite squared, which begs the question, what is the 'other' infinite? 

Cool post

Edited by Brimstone

Again, muchos gracias for the post @PetarKa  because it points beyond the wormhole.

This is the best description I have found of whether or not the square root of 2 is infinite...

https://broodsphilosophy.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/is-square-root-of-2-infinite/

Like all 'understanding' it is limited although it also arises the question as to what exactly is infinite? And do we have the potential to truly grasp it beyond recognition, and despite recognition is it infinite at all???