Anakin

Local Community For Actualized.org?

11 posts in this topic

i've been following Actualized.org for about 2 years now, and i'm increasingly interested in (and also practicing) everything Actualized.org is about.

My question is: How do i find and connect with similar-minded people—i.e. other Actualized.org followers—near where i live?

(btw i'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is already long-solved. But I've done some quick search and wasn't able to find anything.)

A random idea might be to create a new sub-forum for posting requests to connect with local actualized.org followers? Potentially via email (direct or mailing list), fb group, or chat at first, and follow up with offline meet-ups?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Anakin

I don't think there's enough people on board to create any meaningful groups, so creating a sub-forum would be an overkill. But you can always check out this thread and reach out to people who live in your area:

On 9/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, K VIL said:

I REALLY HAVE AN IDEA FOR THIS.

@K VIL Do you mind sharing it? :) 

Edited by Anakin

Meeting people is fine.  But remember Personal Development has to be done by you.  Nobody can do your push-ups for you.  You can do this stuff without meeting others.  It's probably best not to meet others personally.   Just watch the videos, read some books, do the work and exercises, and participate on here.  Ask all your questions on here.  Many people are too afraid to fully participate on here.  If you don't ask, you don't get feedback.  That's what really slows you down.  Your best knowledge is going to be epiphanies not theory anyway.  You need to experience those shifts that come from exposure and hard work over a period of time.  Personal Development is a life-long pursuit.  I wouldn't even call it a marathon.  Marathons are too short.  I've been doing personal development work heavily for 4 or 5 years now.  I've been doing it longer, but I want to be conservative.  

There's a difference between dabbling in personal development and doing heavy personal development work.  You need to be doing heavy personal development work to get sustainable change, results, and success.  Dabbling here or there might pique your interest, but it's not going to engage you in the way you need to be engaged to make sustainable changes in your life.  The results you want in life have to be caused by your actions.  So, you need to become the person that loves to take those actions.  It's really that simple from a big-picture strategy standpoint.  But you can think about this all day long, and dream about it, but that's not enough -- you gotta wake up every morning hungry to create it, that's the crucial difference.  All the theory is supposed to lead you to becoming hungry to take the actions necessary to cause your dream life to become a reality.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Meeting people is fine.  But remember Personal Development has to be done by you.  Nobody can do your push-ups for you.  You can do this stuff without meeting others.  It's probably best not to meet others personally.

@Joseph Maynor Thank you for sharing your perspective!

i totally agree that personal development is a personal journey and the hard work has to be done by me and no others.

Though, i was doing Leo's life purpose course and discovered that i value "connection" quite highly but i found myself quite lonely on this journey. So i thought, maybe it doesn't have to be this way? Some extra bit of motivation and fun wouldn't hurt, would it?

Edited by Anakin

why don't you form your own by slowly connecting with like-minded people you resonate with and keeping up with them? 

7 minutes ago, Arman said:

why don't you form your own by slowly connecting with like-minded people you resonate with and keeping up with them? 

Yeah i'd like to. But no one in my circle is really into personal development, not to mention consciousness work. i was hoping to find them on actualized.org :)

43 minutes ago, Anakin said:

Yeah i'd like to. But no one in my circle is really into personal development, not to mention consciousness work. i was hoping to find them on actualized.org :)

Try expanding your circle by getting to know

• a local meditation group/center
  • "hippie" people
  • attending seminars on a related topic (doesn't have to be consciousness work, good joga, tantra, nutrition, maybe even productivity etc. events might give something)

and so on. If you're in a bigger city that has a potential to form a group you should be able to find some of these just fine. Be open about what you want from personal development. What happens is you'll get to know new people and soon enough you'll get to know this other lonely weirdo who's also starting to do consciousness work. Also note that if you're not open about doing this stuff in your current circle, you don't know if there's anyone else there, so openness is really a requirement. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@Elisabeth  This is tremendously helpful! Thank you! And i will definitely start trying out those which you've mentioned :)

And yeah i have also recently realized that openness is really important, so i have started sharing things on my social media and such, but no luck yet. i'll keep trying :)