Gabriel Antonio

What I Learned From Taking Cold Showers Daily For 2 Years [practical Results]

67 posts in this topic

@Gabriel Antonio Is it safe to practice cold showers in a very cold winter without blow drying your hair? I have bad resistance to sickness.

@egoless

10 hours ago, egoless said:

Is it safe to practice cold showers in a very cold winter without blow drying your hair? I have bad resistance to sickness.

I am not a doctor!!! But, from my experience, it is fine. I just make sure I dry my hair thorougly with a towel. But, come on... that's basic higiene. Hahaha...

Again, the idea behind cold showers is to build your resistance through exposing yourself to discomfort. It is a twisted idea, but it fucking works! It ain't the end-all-be-all, but it definitely sets you on the right path!

But at some point you will drop all of that. Spoiler alert Hehehehehe.... But I shouldn't tell you before you actually go through the experiment. As @ajasatya always says, it is impossible to steal an insight from someone else. You have to instead experience first-hand.

@egoless Why are you so paranoid about getting sick? If you want to be fragile as glass, keep doing what you are doing. 

I could tell you to go right off the bat all the way through 100%, in all your body; however, it is probably a better idea to build momentum in youtr case. 

So, yes, as long as you are experiencing some discomfort, you are on the right path! You might want to try out jumping into a beautiful cold shower from your head to feet when you are a little bit more experienced and have built momentum. 

The primary benefit, if you will, of cold showers is to built momentum. You can’t believe how amazing today can be for you if you start doing something insignificant and small, such as taking a cold shower. Looks like torture and pointless, right? Well, you can argue in both ways. That’s the greatest problem of all!! 

But always remember to follow your pace. Not the pace of other people, bit yours alone. Not mine, not from Leo, not from fucking Eckhart Tolle or Osho. Nah! It has to start with You. Not you, the Higher You hahha... 

Hope this helps in any way. I got an energy spell and haven’t slept yet ?

But I am just enjoying this wave of Infinite Creativity, which stems from my own set of actions. 

Remember

When in lazy-town, go through the motions. Simple as that! That’s the key point to deal with procrastination also.

@Gabriel Antonio I have balls to go in without hesitation. I just have headaches in cold weather. It is because I got my headvery cold in my childhood and since then it bothers me sometimes.

On ‎14‎.‎11‎.‎2017‎. at 11:48 PM, Gabriel Antonio said:

@Milos Uzelac You're welcome. 

One thing I forgot to write about is to keep your body relax all the time. In the beginning, I tensed up my body when the water was too cold. But the real challenge is to make sure your muscles are relaxed during the discomfort.

I myself have outgrown the need to take cold showers. I do it because I genuinely like it, but I realize today how much of an ego game that was. That is, I would neurotically try to solve all my life problems through cold showers. In fact, it even became an OCD at some point in my journey. Seriously, one day I took 6 cold showers in very cold winter day. Today I think to myself, "Holy shit! Why did I do that?" The answer is clear: because I was going through a lot of suffering, and I was desperately trying to alleviate the pain I was carrying.  

Don't get me wrong. Cold showers are great, but as with every tool, it should not be overused. Otherwise, it does lose its effects if you will... but if you can manage to just stick with this little habit of taking one cold shower every morning. Wow... there is so much growth you will experience. It is old school self-development. You step out of your comfort zone everyday in small bites. But if you do this as a "panacea", as an attempt to always feel high on energy... well, I am sorry if I put that wrong expectation. I did not know it would influence so many people... 

So the point is: yes, cold showers are great, but I admit that I externalize my power to cold showers. I do the same thing with psychedelics. I tell myself, "Oh... I have used a psychedelic this weekend, so I will feel good this week." Boom. Self-fulling prophecy. And, guess what? I have told that to myself before with cold showers. "Oh... I have faced discomfort right the first thing in the day today, so I will feel good and step out of my comfort zone more today." But the cold shower nor the psychedelic were needed in the first place.

If I could simply tell myself, "Today is going to be awesome regardless of what I do." and believe in that with ALL MY EMOTION, none of that excess of self-help would be necessary. No need to do anything in specific. No need to meditate, no need to get approval, no need to work hard. Because there is no such thing called spiritual obedience. 

At some point in my journey not only did I think I "needed" cold showers to feel good, but also 4 freaking hours of meditation. 

The second step is to not fight depression or negative emotions in general. We really don't need to throw anything away. If you can stay with the uncomfortable feeling as opposed to brute force them out of your system, you will live a more real life. 

Again, I am sorry if I set the expectation that cold showers are the solution to any problem. It sure helps to get a feel for what is like to shut down the monkey mind and do something without mumble-jumbo, but life is much more complex than just that. 

This comment is better than the actual topic. Haha... 

Thanks for saying these motives in advance. I admit I did feel today that I was using in it that sense. But as you said you have to be aware of the subtle traps the ego plays and give to much importance to one habit being a magic pill and interfering that with more difficult priorities in life.

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

On 11/16/2017 at 7:25 AM, egoless said:

I have balls to go in without hesitation. I just have headaches in cold weather. It is because I got my headvery cold in my childhood and since then it bothers me sometimes.

So simply don't wash your head. I think the most important part is the back because it is the hardest for me. Just make sure all your body is relaxed when you are under the cold water. The worst thing you can do is to tense up all your body. 

On 11/16/2017 at 2:34 PM, Milos Uzelac said:

traps the ego plays and give to much importance to one habit being a magic pill and interfering that with more difficult priorities in life

Well, what you might discover in the self-development journey is that one habit can be a magic pill in the future. If you could chant "OM" correctly, you would be able to harmonize all the areas of your life. In fact, before I get into the cold shower first thing in the day, I tell myself, "May this day have the same frequency as what I am going to do NOW." And, then, I immediately step into radical action. This way, my brain is programmed to be aligned with the frequency of radical action

Maybe the greatest trap in this work is to do way too much. It is like wanting a flower to blossom before it is supposed to. If you are patient enough, your whole life will align to the frequency of cold showers. And imagine the types of things you could achieve by being in the frequency of radical action.