Moreira

What If The Truth Experienced In Enlightenment Is Only An Illusion From The Brain?

25 posts in this topic

On 08/09/2017 at 7:12 AM, Moreira said:

Well, but the fact is that depending on culture, religion, beliefs change the content of the enlightened experience says that all is in the mind of that person. For example Mckenna talked anbout elves, magic entities and nonsense, an hindu will experience shiva, brahma...

If the truth experienced is not equal for everybody that means is not the true reality, but a subjective one created by the mind.

You are correct. Different people experience different things. I have no doubt that McKenna has experienced elves and whatnot (I have not read McKenna, I'm just paraphrasing you).

However, these visions are not the truth. I doubt that even McKenna says that elves are the ultimate truth.

The truth is simply that "consciousness is". This is 100% verifiable for you all the time. Actually even this is not the truth since it contains two concepts: consciousness and isness which are just words. But this is the most minimalistic way to express the truth in words because of language. 

So any concept added to this truth is only a concept and should be treated as such. It may lead you to the truth but it is not the truth.

But your statement is correct in a way that these elves and visions are subjective visions created by the mind. 

However, you make a big leap of faith when you jump into conclusion that the mind is created by the brain. If people have subjective experiences, does that fact in any way propose that these experiences are created by a physical object in physical space?