AlexB

Should I Prepare For Eventual Sudden Death Of One Of My Parents?

9 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I'll try to keep it short, I already started topics of this, and started gaining distance from my parents but something occurred.

My parents got attacked by their dog which sent them to the hoapital in bad conditions, right now my mother has her arms messed up and her husband is much worse, he is in a coma and lost one arm, I don't know if he will survive, right now Im taking care of everything because they are too messed up. 

The dog trainer blamed them for what happened so I'm trying to save the dog and he will start rehabilitation soon. I'm afraid if I just disappear from their life my mom will comit suicide, should I keep going through this thing or should i just dissappear because it's been years of trying without any succes? 

Edited by AlexB

@AlexB suffering is a great opportunity for union.

if you had a son, how would you like him to treat you if were attacked by a dog and were in the same situation as your mother?

unborn Truth

I don't know if I understood correctly. 

Let me see if I got it: your mom could be in her last days, and you're still thinking to go and see her???  

Dude, that woman gave you life. 

Let FUCKING GO! 

Already done, she's safe now, her husband lost an arm, it's gonna get fucked up now with the different family members that will get in the middle of this thing 

@AlexB So it looks like your Mom's husband isn't your father & you have some resentment.  Well they were nearly killed by a dog, I'd say it's time to forgive & forget.

If it were my parents, I'd be doting on them hand & foot like a servant, but that's just me.

At the end of the day I stayed and helped, and still keep on helping

I would ask myself what's the most emotionally difficult positive thing I could do in this situation?

Then that is what I would do. This is simple to understand, but hard to execute. But, t simple sentence's rule can have a profound effect on all areas of your life. 

Also, the mind like to over exaggerate this amount of time you've been trying to do something. E.g. if you ask someone how many times have you watched Star Wars they may same "Man, I've seen it like 20 times!" But, have they really? Obviously not. Similarly I doubt you've been helping for years if you're upset by the fact that they need help now. 

So don't let the mind fool you, and so always be mindful of how it may be distorting reality. 

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Yes infact I'm helping them, being there present for them. I just had to let my mind calm down. The positive thing I see is that it gives me positive energy to be able to pass it to them and get them out of the depression which they tend to fall, just to keep you updated nobody is risking death anymore, or so it seems, there is one arm missing but they both still have the gift of life, so I hope it will help them grow in the future

On 24/9/2017 at 5:19 PM, Mad Max said:

can't you blast that cu**'s face away with a shotgun? he'd be better off in the next world

Unfortunately no, and BTW, everybody at the dog shelter were so nice to me telling me to give courses and stuff for the dog, after I said no all of them turned into assholes asking for money for the consult and that if I don't pay they will throw the dog in my yard and all kind of fucked up stuff, of course after speaking to the police they all calmed down. It just goes to show what those people were really made of