ValiantSalvatore

Cannabis And Consciousness

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether or not cannabis or hemp is beneficial to raise consciousness ? Or to be more specific is cannabis lowering consciousness and or is it raising consciousness and yes, I have no idea what consciousness actually is. So, I am going to describe how I felt while smoking cannabis/weed to describe my current notion of consciousness and then would ask you guys and girls what do you think about cannabis and it's effect on consciousness ? Is it lowering consciousness or increasing it ? For instance a lot of people who smoke cannabis are considered hippies or are some sort of activists mostly enviromental and for animals. Otherwise a lot of people just do it for the "buzz" go out party, drink and smoke weed. The latter one of the two is more apparent.

So, considering stages of development especially morally, the former one of the two is quite highly developed or rather has enough awarness to care about enviromental problems and the mistreatment of animals, human rights or in general  has interested to partake in other activities that help people/society. Most people don't care as you can see in daily life they throw garbadge on the floor and bascially are littering planet earth ( just wanted to use the word ).

Back to the original question and my experience with weed/cannabis. I used to go out and party and smoke weed or just relax at home and smoke weed with friends play video games etc. So, basically these are low consciousness activities as long as you are not hyper aware / enlightent or whatever these activities are not really benificial in raising consciousness. Yet, I loved it when I smoked alone and just listened to music it felt like my mind expanded and apparently weed can enhance sensory perception (brighter colors, you enjoy music more and other things I don't know often times I just felt very inside my head) so, it was pleasent to listen to music and see how thoughts expand. Thinking about live, god and often times philosophizing about things that happend in daily life. During that time I was 18 - 20. It kinda helped me wake up in the sense that it also fked me up ( party, wrong people etc.) after I stopped smoking weed I noticed that there have been a lot of signs for "spiritual awakening". 

A lot of music contained snippets from talks from Allan Watts and I steadly saw really every morning I went to school during this time, a graffiti saying "Wake up this isn't real". So, as hard as it pushed me down in terms of consciousness it also helped me to actually be on that path that spirituality even exists. Or whatever concepit I have woven around that. 

Still, I think meditating and smoking cannabis not as often as I did would have been more benifical. Especially the amount of partying I did or just playing video games while smoking weed was unnecessary in retrospect and in my opinion. 

So, does cannabis actually increase awarness / consciousness or is it simply lowering it ? What do you think ? In genreal does it lower or increase awarness / consciousness ? ( Hope, a thread like this has not been opened to often.. )

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

If used respectfully and not abused every day it can help a lot but if used too often to get that (High) or (Enlightened-state) again you will eventually wear down your energetic body thus overall deplete spiritual awareness/connection especially if using it then playing videos games or similar like you say "low consciousness acts".

If used for spiritual growth then it can definitely help but if you are not learning and applying from the experience instead just getting high to reach that state again then you will most certainly fall down in vibrational frequency.

Balance is Key

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I may get some flack on here for this, but I only use Marijuana for spiritual work and subconscious work. It is almost like it helps join the two together, whereas sober, I can only focus on one at a time. It really makes blocked subconscious thoughts bubble up to the surface.  I love to smoke a hit or two and write in my journal. The insights I get are sometimes overwhelming, to the point where I can't write them all down. In this case, I really feel like it raises my consciousness. I also feel my energy body awareness gets amplified too. But weed is kind of an adaptogen, so if you are doing low level consciousness activities, then yes, it will probably keep you somewhere on that level, yet you still enjoy it. 

That being said, I have the tendency to get addicted to things, and have to really make myself wait until the weekends to do it, otherwise I want to do it everyday. read @pluto 's response to see why that is a bad thing.  Eventually I want to make it two weeks and then perhaps once a month. So that's my problem to overcome right now. 

@starsofclay I don't know if you meditate I used to smoke cigarettes and stopped(read a book + meditation helped me a lot to overcome addictive tendencies, I rarely play video games , rarely drink coffee , only internet is the "realest" addiction that I have) completely and before that stopped smoking weed. I did not smoke weed for about 2 and a half years. And I want to try it out again. I was in a similar state I always wanted to do it since I was bored and had nothing else to do. I don't know about you because you are doing something productive with it.@starsofclay @pluto Do you know somehow/someway how ancient civilizations used it ?

@pluto I remember that I felt my body or just pain in my body quite intensely when I used to smoke. It felt like I took everything more personal- How did it help you personally ?

Does fire kill people or does it help them live better lives? All depends on the way it is used.

Too much fire or used wrongly will burn the kitchen. Just enough fire in the right place and time, and you have nice bowl of hot soup.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

4 hours ago, starsofclay said:

I may get some flack on here for this, but I only use Marijuana for spiritual work and subconscious work. It is almost like it helps join the two together, whereas sober, I can only focus on one at a time. It really makes blocked subconscious thoughts bubble up to the surface.  I love to smoke a hit or two and write in my journal. The insights I get are sometimes overwhelming, to the point where I can't write them all down. In this case, I really feel like it raises my consciousness. I also feel my energy body awareness gets amplified too. But weed is kind of an adaptogen, so if you are doing low level consciousness activities, then yes, it will probably keep you somewhere on that level, yet you still enjoy it. 

That being said, I have the tendency to get addicted to things, and have to really make myself wait until the weekends to do it, otherwise I want to do it everyday. read @pluto 's response to see why that is a bad thing.  Eventually I want to make it two weeks and then perhaps once a month. So that's my problem to overcome right now. 

I can't say how many times I've been on here writing insights from my weed experiences. It's amazing how things feel super obvs, because they just appear poof. 

Smoking marijuanna plus walking meditation for me produces the most clear insights and they just fall out of thin air. Together with feeling like I'm in heaven.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

29 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Smoking marijuanna plus walking meditation for me produces the most clear insights and they just fall out of thin air. Together with feeling like I'm in heaven.

I was going to mention walking meditation, but didn't... I moved into a house recently without knowing that it was next door to a 90 acre water preserve full of hiking trails. I feel really blessed to have that, and walking meditations + marijuana are one of my new favorite things to do on the weekends. Perhaps my most favorite.  I agree, the insights just pop out of thin air while doing this, anywhere from how to run my business to subconscious work to spiritual growth. 

@ValiantSalvatore I tend to do "meditation" with binarual beats or isochronic tones, and I love doing walking meditations. I would love to train my mind to be able to do traditional silent meditations, but I am not there yet. I do love to "meditate" with marijuana as well, although it is different, and I call it "Power Thinking" because my mind goes into overdrive.

Edited by starsofclay

@starsofclay Okay, I will definitely try it out when I get the opportunity. I like formal meditation too. I can relate what you mean to power thinking, your mind tends to get impulses from everywhere and insights just drop in , in my case I just often forgot them lol.

Personally i find every 2-4weeks but not routinely seems to be quite re-balancing and more a learning experience for me or when life has become very stressful it helps me remember who i truly am, what i truly know and why all that i was stressed and worried about is quite meaningless but then i should learn from that experience and apply what i realized or write down and apply in the sober state to eventually manifest a balanced/natural high state without the substance, to carry on the high without the high(if that makes sense).

If i think oh no.. im not high anymore i don't have that wisdom/connection then i will want to get high again to reconnect but that is when it becomes abusive and negatives arise instead learn to naturally live in that higher vibration state, the weed is a helper but you can't use it to keep you there all the time instead its best used to help you remember and help you let go so you can become all that you are on your own then eventually you will not need it anymore.

After my first awakening experience i didn't smoke weed or do any psychedelics or anything because i was already in that natural high state felt like i was on MDMA/LSD/WEED but without all the crazy visuals and fuzziness all the time for several months and insights were flowing 24/7 because i was in a higher state of consciousness(so to speak) so everything flows in effortlessly as i was directly connected to source and akashic records are a vibratory field that you naturally connect to once you vibe higher.

Now after a few years of toxic relationships and getting lost in society trying to help others wake up i was eventually back down in the darker realms as i would say and i would smoke weed for example or do psychedelics to remember that enlightened state again and become that state but eventually i used it too often and it did not work anymore so now i try to take as long as break as possible so i get a more profound learning experience that lasts longer and gives me a greater boost or ego-death experience to get back on track and connect to source and get that natural high all the time again.

This time i will be much more prepared and this is what i have learned, of-course i still hold connection and after awakenings you can never really lose what you know and learned because its truth that ultimately came from within but you just don't see it from a higher perspective from time to time and need to remind yourself as often as possible especially in the world we live in to practice those things that keep your vibration high.

I will leave it here for now, i must venture to help a friend in need but i will be back when i have more to express on this subject. Remember the higher you vibe the clearer the thoughts and insights will come, when we are angry we cannot think straight and when we are happy everything flows :)

Be the Light you wish to see in the world and Shine on! Plant those seeds of Truth!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@ValiantSalvatore it depends on the level of your consciousness(if you accept such a thing). If it's above the plant's consciousness then you will experience a decrease. If below then an increase.