Mario

Obsession

11 posts in this topic

I started studying self-development 3 months ago. Until now i haven't missed a week of Leo's videos. I'm young and my mind is quite flexible and i'm starting to recognize that Actualized.org is becoming an obsession and i felt different from the world around me. I've tried to take distance from it ( while still considering it a good source of information ) but thoughts and thoughts of hopelessness kept coming in my mind. I thought that it would be beneficial to talk to someone. I talked to a techer and she's kind of knowledgeable. She reccomended me to talk to a priest about it and doing discernment ( if it doesn't make sense in English it means judging and verifying morals and intellectual concepts that i , alone , can't do ) and she gave me a book of Anthony de mello. By talking to the priest i don't think that it will be fully beneficial because he will not probably 100% comprehend these concepts ( altough if he could listen to English it would habe been no problem ). I' ve started to read the book and the first few pages were practically the same as some Actualized.org concepts. I can see that spiritual concepts regard always always a little bit of non-attachment and that i'm not really taking distance from Actualized.org . So , with that being said, is my "obsession with non-attachment" a natural and healthy consequence and , if not , do you have any other spiritual practice that has not concepts of non-attachment that has brought you happiness and peace that you can share with me ?

Edited by Mario

Of course, that's your intelligence working. And spirituality won't make you distant from others in the long run, different yeah, but not incompatible with others.

Your teacher referred you to a motherf*cking priest? Get another teacher

Am I wrong to think that u are from some Latine American country ? 

My selfd develoment journey began also just a couple of months ago, and not only I can notice the difference in my behaviour and way of thinking but also the people most close to me can also notice. And even comment on it. 

I personolly dont believe in the church on any prinst that speak in Gods name. I see this journey as a way of discovoring my full potential, and working towards my life porpuse. 

The lonliness is part of it, the feeling that the people around you dont understand you, that they are asleep,  while u feel like u just woke up ( im taking about my own experince ) 

If in any way misunderstood your question, my excuses. 

Have a great day and enjoy your journey 

14 minutes ago, kira said:

Am I wrong to think that u are from some Latine American country ? 

My selfd develoment journey began also just a couple of months ago, and not only I can notice the difference in my behaviour and way of thinking but also the people most close to me can also notice. And even comment on it. 

I personolly dont believe in the church on any prinst that speak in Gods name. I see this journey as a way of discovoring my full potential, and working towards my life porpuse. 

The lonliness is part of it, the feeling that the people around you dont understand you, that they are asleep,  while u feel like u just woke up ( im taking about my own experince ) 

If in any way misunderstood your question, my excuses. 

Have a great day and enjoy your journey 

I'm from Italy so you can call me pasta pizza and mandolino ?. Sorry if my posts can be obvious but i have a crippling fear that the things that i see on my computer will damage me because i have no guidance

I hope that my posts are valid and they're not a waste of time.

Edited by Mario

@Mario When you are new and eager about self actualization...I think its common for you to go through a phase where you are addicted to the videos.

In time...when you start practicing the content of the videos, you will gradually lose this addiction and become more engrossed in the practice

@Sage_Elias Agreed, I went to that myself, I still watch the videos but now im also reading  a lot ;P 

@Mario I totally understand your fear, there is just so mutch informetion EVERYWHERE , what are you supposed to believe huh ?  My advise would be choose what you believe and agree with, trust yourself ;)

I can relate. I got SUPER into all the actualized stuff, consumed it obsessively, then went on to consume more. I think something worth investigating is this idea of "spiritual bypassing", which is where you try to use spirituality to leap from a very low state to some of the highest states of consciousness possible. Understandably, you often get thrown on your ass. There may be work to do lower, down here on the ground, in your childhood or teenage self. You may need to throw your inner child or inner teen a bone, get the needs that are crying painfully to you from the shadow actually met or resolved, in order to build the strength needed to let go of yourself. 

obsessing about this stuff is alright as long as you apply the concepts in everyday practice. I was also "addicted" but as sage_alias said, it goes away with time. I would suggest to stay away from stuff that involves beliefs, because that's what our work here tries to undermine, so the best i can say is to think for yourself using the concepts you gained from your obsession.

On 28/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, Surrealist said:

I can relate. I got SUPER into all the actualized stuff, consumed it obsessively, then went on to consume more. I think something worth investigating is this idea of "spiritual bypassing", which is where you try to use spirituality to leap from a very low state to some of the highest states of consciousness possible. Understandably, you often get thrown on your ass. There may be work to do lower, down here on the ground, in your childhood or teenage self. You may need to throw your inner child or inner teen a bone, get the needs that are crying painfully to you from the shadow actually met or resolved, in order to build the strength needed to let go of yourself. 

Is it okay if i continue ( meditation ) stage 3 of " how to meditate deeper " or should i start other lighter practices ? Even though I'm having some results ( and the "rules" say that i should do it for at least 30 straight ) i don't know if i'm bypassing and i should practice other "superficial" methods...

Also , i'm a teen so is it okay if i start to heal my traumas right now?

Edited by Mario

@Mario These "shoulds" are confusing and I struggle with them too, in fact it's probably the primary source of stress in my life that I think there's some way out of depression and trauma, and I'm FAILING to do it, there's something I should do that will fix it, getting it wrong means horrendous emotions, etc. For what it's worth, I'd say watch your painful thoughts come up, and take the angle of "i hear you, I love you". The parts of yourself that are screaming to be loved will be endlessly searching for a way to get it. The wisdom on this topic is in... give yourself that love. The protesting mind that says "help!!! figure it out!!!", will be calm when you listen to its message and give it love. That clarity can then help inform good decisions. Don't make an enemy out of your mind and emotions, they want to help you. Our conditioning is difficult to overcome, but radical acceptance is a strong thing.