Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sukhpaal

Letting Go

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I'm currently "with" this girl sort of and it can't go anywhere. Her parents won't let me be with her and she agrees with them in their perspective on us. We're currently just friends but we're both super needy and attached to one another. Is there hope to just be friends or should I just let her go and stop talking to her? I feel like I'm just avoiding real emotional labor by running from the inevitable pain. Thanks guys!

I would say that if she really wanted to be with you, she'd make that decision for herself and not let her parents affect that decision. Work on the neediness thing. I'm working on it within myself too. Be open with her about how you feel about the whole thing. Maybe even start dating other girls. That might light a fire under her ass to realize she's losing someone she wants. Or maybe you'll find someone that matches your devotion :)

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@Sukhpaal I was in the same situation you were in, but I'm happy now by myself. Remember this you are only ready for a relationship when you realize you don't need one, and since you don't need one, you don't need one xD.  But, It's definitely good that you've acknowledged the fact that you are avoiding the pain, so like my good friend @Max_V "look inward, be quiet and just meditate. So, leave her you're not ready for a relationship and what you will create is simply a dysfunctional relationship rather than something forged with true authentic love from two non-needy entities, because that's what neediness creates. Additionally, in order to incorporate this into your meditation practice, and see quick results you can shut your eyes and say to yourself in your head whilst sitting down and meditating, imagine yourself drifting away from x and no longer needing her because you are happy by yourself visualize yourself breaking a shackle chaining you and her together by the hand and you then walking away with a smile on your face , then simply continue meditating. This is what I personally do as well since I had the same problem a while back with another girl with myself being needy, but now I really am happy by myself and I am seeing great results.  Thanks to my good friend @Max_V

whatever choice you make, Good luck!

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

You are the man @The Monk !!

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview