Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vladimir

Prime Directive Vs Life Purpose Vs Making Money

7 posts in this topic

Prime directive = "raise the quality of our consciousness" 

Life Purpose = fulfilled passion which brings in income

Do I need to have life purpose if I'm working on raising the quality of my consciousness full time?

What if I'm passionate about collecting beer cans and it makes me fulfilled in a weird way, how do I ever make a living from that? 

I personally think "life purpose" should be separate from "making money". We need to make money to survive in this world, but our life purpose doesn't have to turn into making money, I think this is a flaw in Leo's life purpose course. 

Could someone clarify the confusion for me?

Edited by Vladimir

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

@Vladimir The point is to align your passion with your career. If you separate these two things -- like 95% of people do -- then you will be miserable 8hrs every work day. And after 8hrs of work, you're not gonna want to do anything else but crash and watch TV.

Raising your own consciousness is fine. But how you gonna pay the bills? Working at McDonalds?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura No I choose the strategic approach by finding loop holes in the system and go after a type of work which will bring in passive stable income which will open up the free time to pursue my passions. I think combining passions and money is a wild goose chase in which 1 in a million will succeed, and even then your passion can quickly turn into work, pro video gamers is a great example.

@Vladimir That means you'll forever be mediocre at your job. And you will grow to hate it. And you will end up earning less money than if you followed your passion.

I've done what you suggest. It was terrible although I made good money.

Now I make more, and I like what I do more, and I help people more.

If it's 1 in a million it's because nobody knows how or bothers to do it. Which is why I made the course.

Finding loop holes is a terrible strategy. Your whole strategy is about taking value rather than giving value. So in the long-run it will backfire.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

vladimir you have miss conceptions about passive income creating a reliable and stable passive income probably takes lots of work such as what leo has done so making that alone needs creative juice and its also needs a giving value approach cause you cant make money without giving real value

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Vladimir That means you'll forever be mediocre at your job. And you will grow to hate it. And you will end up earning less money than if you followed your passion.

I've done what you suggest. It was terrible although I made good money.

Now I make more, and I like what I do more, and I help people more.

If it's 1 in a million it's because nobody knows how or bothers to do it. Which is why I made the course.

Finding loop holes is a terrible strategy. Your whole strategy is about taking value rather than giving value. So in the long-run it will backfire.

@Leo Gura I'm not arguing my personal case here, I've already made enough money to last a long time, taking similar approach you have taken with SEO, which has allowed me to have all this free time to work on myself, same as you. By creating passive income we both freed ourselves from the chains of 9-5 job and from the wild goose chase of trying to go after a passion and hoping to making it big some day. 

Leo, I'm not saying the loop hole strategy should be pursued for the rest of one's life. The only goal of this approach is to free ourselves from the 8 hour typical job that makes you tired afterwards so you have no energy to work on your passions or self development. When you have passive stable income, you can then refocus on pursuing whatever passion you want and I think this is a much better strategy than "moving in the woods for 5 years to play video games" just because you are passionate about it. Also, while working towards passive income, you can still spend time pursuing passions without having any pressure of trying to make money from it.

I'm not saying what I'm proposing here is a great strategy either, creating stable income can take many years and very few succeed, but I still think it's a better strategy than trying to make a career out of your passions. We live in a system of an obsolete financial behemoth where people's passions don't really coincide with the burden of making money to survive, passions are born out of love, making money is mostly motivated by fear of death, where there is fear there can be no love.

@shahryar You're making assumptions about me brother, I know exactly what kind of work it takes because I've been in the marketing and SEO business for 14 years of my life, also you can make a ton of money without giving real value, that's exactly what I did.

I like to think of life-purpose like this -- imagine you have a line that has several wooden-beads strung along it.  Now imagine that that line is slack and horizontal and the beads all have a lot of space in between them.  What life-purpose does, if done right, is it raises one end of that line up so that all the beads fall together and become one giant, unified bead pointing-upward at the raised-end.

Those beads are everything you need to be doing to live a big-life and even just a responsible life.  You are going to be living here to do your life-purpose work, so money is a bead for you.  Having a retirement is a bead for you.  In order to contribute back to the world, you gotta wanna live here for 60-70-80 years in some degree of financial-security, at least to where those issues don't interfere with whatever the result is that you are aiming for in your life-purpose.  

One of the benefits of life-purpose is that by lifting-up one end of that line, it gets your whole-life together by carrying all the hum-drum aspects of living, like finances, up along with it.  A rising-tide lifts all boats, all beads.  So if you do it right, finances will be built into your life-purpose.  It's a necessary element of living here to do your work.  You don't wanna be struggling financially if you're gonna make an investment here on Earth to do your life-purpose work.  

So you gotta be strategic in how your entire-life, including your finances, are beads on that line.  And when you get that passion and drive that comes from your life-purpose work, where your work finally becomes play, your whole-life comes together as you take massive loving action each day -- and all those beads slide-together and become one giant rising, consolidating, optimizing, getting-its-shit-together bead.  

Life-purpose is the juice, the turbo-charger you need to strategically get your whole-life handled if you do it right.  Like taking the slack out of your line and creating your life into an optimized work of art, investing in your whole-life, so that you can shine for others, and to do that you must actually shine -- which means you need to be healthy, strong, happy, and coming from a place of true overflowing abundance.  How can you contribute huge creative-value to the world without becoming a cornucopia of abundance yourself?  You need to be so full you are overflowing with heart and gifts (your prolific works), giving true value and love to whatever it is that you are focusing on in the moment.

Paradoxically, we help ourselves most by resolving to make our lives about contributing to others.  It's a Way of embracing Maya while not embracing Maya.  A little trick we use to make this illusory-life on Earth palatable to us if we choose to remain here, which most of us have decided to do.  If we're gonna remain in Maya, let's do it from our higher-self rather than our lower-self.  This is the meaningless-meaning, the purposeless-purpose.

So, is life-purpose about you or others?  To me this is a beautiful question.  And because we are all one, what you're doing is channeling love into love.  Love is becoming more fully-conscious of itself.  To me that's what life-purpose is.  Love directed inwards manifests outwards and love directed outwards manifests inwards.  It becomes a rising-spiral in your life and in the world as a greater good.  An upward-spiral of love within monkey-land.  A reasonless-reason for toying with Maya and even working at all.  A trick to navigate a trick as it were.  An illusion within an illusion.  A construct we use to make a happier, healthier dream (dream-life).

Life-purpose is so deep.  It's one of the golden-keys of life and I'm so grateful to Leo for making me realize the value of this magical and powerful motivation-supercharging tool.  Leo's life-purpose caused my life-purpose vision to come into focus.  His love begat my love.  And my love will begat someone else's love as I now execute by life-purpose.  It's a beautiful thing, like cascading dominoes building up to infinite-momentum.  What better could we be doing within Maya?  That's a deep question.  

Reality laughs at all our distinctions but we don't.  The illusion kisses God on the cheek like the dutiful Son honoring its Father.  Reality just is.  Life-purpose and enlightenment really are two-sides of the same coin.  Ok, not really, haha.  Maybe I should pound my hairless-monkey fist on my desk to make this claim more True.

You are the music-maker, and you are the dreamer of dreams.  You are absolute-infinity.  Manifest the juice from that.   Creative contribution is happening all around you and within you.  Become one with that creative-energy, that evolving elan-vital, so that all your beads rise and merge-together into something excellent, something that could be put on a pedestal, a truly-honed work of art, a conduit for the Good and the True.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor