Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steelheart

Dealing With Loniness

7 posts in this topic

I for one prefer spending time with others, I would not want to change that about myself.

I don't think there is a simple black/white answer. Whether you should spend much time with others depends on many factors.

1) Whether you authentically like to be social 

2) Your values

3) The current stage you are at in life

Most importantly is be true to yourself; don't play any games or manipulate yourself to be someone other than who you are. Just because a study says relationships are beneficial for your health and longevity does not mean you now have to put pressure on yourself to meet people and be social. 

If you find that you need to always "should" your way into doing something,  that thing is probably not right for you. 

I recently quit going to the gym because I did not enjoy it and thus  I had to manipulate myself to go. At that point, it was clear that it just was not right for me. 

well If you got social anxiety and your socialization is forced maybe the stress you suffer wount be good for your heart health.

10 minutes ago, Moreira said:

well If you got social anxiety and your socialization is forced maybe the stress you suffer wount be good for your heart health.

If you suffer from feeling lonely it would be also not a huge health benefit. ;)

@Steelheart I think suffering is the cause of the health issues with being alone. Many people suffer from being alone. In this case it's better to stay in a social group. But you don't have to suffer. ;)

The thing is, if you don't embrace your loneliness when it arises, you will never know yourself.

You're actually all alone in this universe, it's you talking to yourself right now, and it's kind of beautiful once it's totally accepted and integrated by your mind.

Untill then, you'll suffer from loneliness, of course you will, you still think you're separated from everything else.

lol right now I'm alone in my house, but there is the lamp, the keyboard, the plant, the sofa, the door, the windows, it's all presence, it's all myself, I'm never alone, you're never alone, you just got to realize that xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

According to the two most comprehensive studies on happiness throughout the lifespan, there are two main ingredients in a happy life: 1 Staying physicaly healthy and 2 Developing strong, intimate connections with other people.

These are the two main things to focus on. If you dont have these in order, they should be your main priority. Everything else is we work on like career/life purpose are supposed to be suplements to these, never replacements. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay