kieranperez

My Ocd Feels Like It's Destroying My Life

3 posts in this topic

I really don't know how to get around nor conquer my OCD and I quite literally feel like I'm going insane. The centerpoint of all my obsessive thoughts that I'm attached to just keep me so fucking sucked in I feel like I lose touch with reality and I just can't function. I'm trying so fucking hard to do something about this but I just feel so overpowered by all of this. I really need help. I'm not getting anything done. 

Yes I know there's the techniques for awareness alone is curative and all this stuff but I've applying all these things and I just feel like it's fair to say that clinical mental illnesses are a bit trickier than that. 

I really don't know what to do. I just want to live my life and stop feel chained down by these thoughts, emtoions, anxieties, etc. that I have these chanined down obsessions to.

@kieranperez search for people who overcame ocd. i can't help you with this but one thing i know for sure: it won't be easy.

presence for an empty mind
compassion for a light heart
Life is the highest art

Do you go to therapy? Theres a form of CBT called Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) that is very effective against OCD. If you can't find a therapist who practice ERP you can read up on it and try to do it on your own.

Have you tested any medicines? Anafranil is very powerful in treating OCD symptoms.