Anton

Is Having The Same Life Purpose As Leo Most Likely A Delusion?

10 posts in this topic

I'm starting to reach the end of the Ultimate Life Purpose Course and what i have discovered is that I value the things that are, in my opinion, the most high consciousness values (Spirituality, Self-help and so on). This leads me to think more and more that what i should be doing with my life is sharing my wisdom of spirituality and self-help. This feels very right and authentic to me in a sense but at the same time I can't stop thinking that I value these things just because i have watched so many of Leos videos on what is most important in life, and what to prioritise. It would be cool to have "sharing my wisdom of spirituality and self-help" as my life purpose but i want to make sure that i'm not deluded or brainwashed in a sense. 

Ill be greatful for any advice or insights :)

Edited by Anton

@Anton

It's true that Leo's videos have probably influenced you, but also think about the fact that YOU brought yourself to Leo. So there was something in you that sought this information out in the first place.

These are powerful ideas. You shouldn't feel brainwashed just because you see the value in them.

You can always find your own niche in the spritiuality / self help world if that's where you truly end up. In the mean time, keep following your curiosity, truth and joy.

@Anton I've been on this forum for about a year now, and i'd say the most common life purpose that people tend to write posts about is related to spirituality and personal development in some way. Then again, there's certainly a good amount of people whose life purpose is not related to these things.

My point being that I do think a large number of people, as you said, fall into the trap of valuing spirituality and self-help purely because they have really connected with Leo's content etc. But that's not to say that this applies to you. You're interest in these areas may really be genuine. If you have some cool ideas about how to share your wisdom of spirituality and self-help, then go for it.

Just remember that life purpose is a very very long term thing. It's not like you just decide on a life purpose now and then it all falls into place and goes to plan. Chances are, your life purpose and your values will change and mould over time. The main thing, in my opinion, is to keep the intention set to find your life purpose. As Leo said in the course, make it your life purpose to find your life purpose. 

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space and @aurum thank you so much for your replies, this was exactly what I needed to hear and you guys made me realize that I did indeed get draw to these values because of my initial interest to improve myself and avoid previous mistakes in life made by others! 

@Anton I also had this fear, but then I realized even though I want to raise consciousness as Leo is doing (for himself), I thrive in a completely different medium, and I am using my own personal strenghts and communication style and strategies to raise consciousness for myself and then others at some point. You find your unique way, and your medium. Maybe it's because you also want to make videos like him you are asking this question? Because then just go for it.

But if you hadn't thought about it, then ask yourself whats my favorite way/medium/form to express myself, how do I grow the best, how do you deal with stuff? Try to build a career  around this. Who even knows maybe you have psychic abilities, maybe your art is making movies, books, art, writing lyrics, componing music, writing poems, or anything other thing that helps raise consiousness.

Find something that makes YOU grow and is YOUR outlet, YOUR creative expression, so that you can share that at some point. If it's videos with no-bullshit transparent self-help content than great, you are going to kill it no matter what !!! Best wishes!!❤️

@Anton filling mankind up with wisdom and goodness is the highest purpose for any human being. one does it by filling himself up first as he fills himself up.

don't think you're deluded. we all want to live in a world built with the highest potential. individualism and technology have already gotten too far. now it's time for our hearts. join us.

you just need to find your way of doing so. Leo has worked for/with his speech on his youtube channel. i myself have other means:

• i practice and teach zen and yoga;
  • i'm working towards embracing ayahuasca for the betterment of this planet;
  • i and my future wife are building a family grounded on Truth;
  • i use this forum as a way of letting my heart connect with people who live far away.

Truth is not brainwashing. Truth is inspiring and liberating.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

Do whatever feels right for you. It's probably just your ego trying to keep you under it's spell by saying things like "you're just being brainwashed my Leo's content".

Just ask yourself "how is this thought making me feel?" "Is it making me feel pleasant or unpleasant?"

Feeling bad cannot help you in ANY way. Why? Because feeling bad takes you out of harmony and to create the life you desire requires you to be in harmony.

The egos job is to keep you where you are in life, safe. It doesn't want you to break out of your comfort zone and follow your passions because that will be a weapon used against it. 

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

If you're asking us I'm already suspicious.  You should know yourself deeply, am I right?

What is your life-purpose?  Give us a succinct statement of it.  Have it come out of your soul-portal.  Life-purpose has nothing to do with anybody else.  What is your calling?  What is yours and yours alone to hone and deliver to the world?  What are you willing to work your ass off to do in this life?  Leo is irrelevant to that.  

Life-purpose isn't some Luke-warm thing.  It's your life's PASSION.  It's gotta be.  That's what will give you the motivation to get your whole life handled and then some.  Don't rush this. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Here is my take on it ... whatever you think is your life purpose... scedule a plan and then work on that purpose for 30 days in a row for some hours each ... (like 1 or 2 maybe 4 or 5h each day! depending how much other work you have to do...

then after the 30 days take a resumée. was it fun? was it productive? will you definetly go on doing it naturally anyways ...or was it different than you thought it would be, how many days did you skip, and why? how did you feel ...

Do that imo

Peace bro

I am in the same boat. I am working on a pod cast that talks about and trys to gather information on spiritual health, mental health and physical health. 

I actually first wanted to do psychology. But i kept thinking and diving which lead to counselling.. and then i kept thinking again and it lead to life coach/nlp and then further boiled it down to youtube and now pod casting so my plan is to raise awareness and consciousnesses through the pod cast and see how that goes. Its a place to work on my communication and understanding on information and wisdom etc.

Like others have said . Values etc change as you go but you wont know unless you just go for it. Gotta be in it to win it.