Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidi

Can't Work Out! Need Advice!

5 posts in this topic

Hello. Thank you 4 reading this!

I;m 18 years old. I've been working out for 3 years now (first year gym, second year taekwondo, third year boxing). I study networking and school seems to get harder every year. And this year it seems to be impossible for me to follow my workout routine. I feel like i start to get fat when i don't work out (I am all day sitting, I'm in school from 7 am till 4 pm). My only chance is working out at home without equipment but it somehow doesn't seem to help (or maybe I am doing something wrong). Any advice would help. Thanks 4 reading !!!!

As you already know, you need to burn as much as you consume. How you do that is your choice. 

Also, the body has a strange way of remembering routine exercises. It somehow burns less when it knows what to expect.

Just a suggestion, try changing exercise routines. Instead of doing home workouts, go outside for a run. Then after a few of them, do something very differently again. Random routines.

@Sidi break your day down, on a piece of paper. By 15 minute sections. Identify what you usually do in this time. Set a priority to these chunks of time. 

1- cannot be moved

2- could consider moving

3- could definitely move or even cancel. 

See what comes out. You may be spending a lot of time doing unimportant things without even knowing it. For me it used to be pc gaming, movies, social media, pointless hanging out with "friends"

I guarantee that you'l find a 60-90 minute chunk. If not, buy a jumping rope, trx, pair of dumbels and find a place around your house, a park maybe. You can fit in a 30 minute HIIT session. Or perhaps find a gym next to your school and hit it the first thing after school. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  Wow that was a powerful and very helpful advice. ty man, much love <3

On 06/08/2017 at 8:08 PM, Sidi said:

this year it seems to be impossible for me to follow my workout routine. I feel like i start to get fat when i don't work out

@Sidi 1. Make a real commitment to yourself to go straight after school whether you have your licence, catch a bus or walk there (good cardio) etc it will be a great outlet from school and you can make a real life transformation in the next few weeks.

2. A good workout routine to follow is Monday: Chest/Triceps, Tuesday: Back/Biceps, Wednesday: Legs/Abs, Thurday: Shouders, Friday: Biceps/Triceps Weekend: Rest.

3. Get a nutrition app such as MyFitnessPal or Lifesum where you can track what you eat to get leaner and set goals accordingly.

All the best consistency is the most important thing when it comes to health and fitness.