Dodo

The Illusion Of The Spiritual Heroin Junkie

9 posts in this topic

This video illustrates the deeper truth of awareness - imo watching this should give an awakening on the level of mind at the very least. Continue your practices and enjoy!

Namaste fellow spiritual junkies ? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo I got off spirituality and am now addicted to personal development practice, not theory.  Spirituality is a molehill compared to the mountain of personal development.  Separates the men from the boys.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

27 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Spirituality is a molehill compared to the mountain of personal development.

I hope you will change your opinion in future. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Dodo I got off spirituality and am now addicted to personal development practice, not theory.  Spirituality is a molehill compared to the mountain of personal development.  Separates the men from the boys.

Somehow you took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe a lot many don't agree and it doesn't sit right with a lot of people out there because it's so conflicting with their inner desire for utopia, it's just gets harder to accept. But when you do some inner work, you probably realize through self honesty that you had a big mountain to climb. It's just that you missed the mountain all along and now when you see it, it's so difficult to accept it. It clashes with the truth of truths. Ultimately what clashes with your mind is the unbearable truth the Ego of egos never wanted to accept. With that statement you managed to break the illusion of illusions. 

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

4 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Somehow you took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe a lot many don't agree and it doesn't sit right with a lot of people out there because it's so conflicting with their inner desire for utopia, it's just gets harder to accept. But when you do some inner work, you probably realize through self honesty that you had a big mountain to climb. It's just that you missed the mountain all along and now when you see it, it's so difficult to accept it. It clashes with the truth of truths. Ultimately what clashes with your mind is the unbearable truth the Ego of egos never wanted to accept. 

One can be enlightened and not spiritual (most are).  But why.. Spirituality is fun :-D

Did you see in Bentinho's drawing, spirituality was written out as the infinity symbol... For me you need spirituality to realise you are enlightened and for that to make sense on a deep experiential level.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

9 minutes ago, Dodo said:

One can be enlightened and not spiritual (most are).  But why.. Spirituality is fun :-D

Did you see in Bentinho's drawing, spirituality was written out as the infinity symbol... For me you need spirituality to realise you are enlightened and for that to make sense on a deep experiential level.

You said experiential. But you forgot one word - existential. Spirituality is fun. Spirituality is the basis of everything. But everything is not spirituality. It's one thing to be spiritual, it's another  thing to be a spiritual junkie. It's one thing to run on the treadmill, it's another thing to be a marathon runner. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

Overcoming physical death and not being spiritual? I'm not sure these people you speak of are enlightened. 

12 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Overcoming physical death and not being spiritual? I'm not sure these people you speak of are enlightened. 

I don't know. What is enlightenment but end of suffering by knowing your true nature? The rest is dream, be it "physical" or beyond.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I don't know. What is enlightenment but end of suffering by knowing your true nature? The rest is dream, be it "physical" or beyond.

Yeah exactly, you'll really grasp the illusory nature by physically dying. By realizing that every breath you inhale is contributing to that illusion of life. That's as spiritual as it can get for me hehe.