Max_V

Attaching To High Consciousness

5 posts in this topic

I've found that whenever I'm not mindful or feeling at peace, this guilty and dirty feeling comes up. What came to me was that apparently I've associated being conscious or always feeling peaceful into my identity,.

So all in all, be careful on the path with attaching to high consciousness. When I think of my "self" at the moment, I think of a me as the conscious person in the family, and the person that is doing good. Ofcourse, when I cannot live up to that, I suffer. So I will be working hard to detach myself from this perspective on who I think I am. It will take a while but I believe that when I get far with this, more peace will be upon me.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 05/08/2017 at 8:37 PM, Max_V said:

I've found that whenever I'm not mindful or feeling at peace, this guilty and dirty feeling comes up. What came to me was that apparently I've associated being conscious or always feeling peaceful into my identity,.

So all in all, be careful on the path with attaching to high consciousness. When I think of my "self" at the moment, I think of a me as the conscious person in the family, and the person that is doing good. Ofcourse, when I cannot live up to that, I suffer. So I will be working hard to detach myself from this perspective on who I think I am. It will take a while but I believe that when I get far with this, more peace will be upon me.

I think it also has to do with deep negative beliefs that are so rooted into the subconscious mind that you're not even conscious of them, but you feel all the negative emotions it brings. Will take a lot of work to resurface and work through most of them.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Finding the dynamic balance in personal development is critical.  You don't want to cling to any ideology.  To get the picture right takes quite a bit of exposure to theory, and then you gotta make sense of it yourself and apply it to your life.  Then you feel qualified to advise others based only on that experience.  So, I have a perspective that works for me.  But it's not the only perspective.  It may or may not resonate with you.

Watch all of these videos on point:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Try to see what there's in the now and don't impose ideas about anything. Just search for Direct Experience. And trust your intuition.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Thanks guys :) 

I will watch the videos @Joseph Maynor

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus