Vitamine Water

Dreams And The Sub Conscious Mind

8 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Lately I've been having some wild "spiritual" dreams. 

This one night I dreamt about me following a forest path. The path ended in an open field, still surrounded by trees and nature. I remember saying "yes" to myself, in a very peaceful way. I lay on the ground with my arms and legs spread open. I felt my whole being become one with nature. Wherever I was, this relaxed state was present. Everything was all right. I remember waking up thinking "what the fuck have I just seen?". 

Now my experience tells me dreams are created through the sub conscious mind. They appear because my mind is processing these things, even when I'm unaware of it. But this could well be "een broodje aap verhaal" (a "bullshit story" in Dutch).

What are your thoughts on this? 

The art is to look without looking 

Dreams are absolute magic. One of my highlights is Leo literally showing me within one dream experientially that I am the whole dream. I moved as the whole, cant rly explain it.

Ps: I just loove drinking your username

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I think that there is not enough credit given to the subconscious... it is a part of us that not many people  seem to want to explore. I even wonder if there are multiple layers of the subconscious, for example: the part that controls our autonomous body functions, and the part that speaks to us through our dreams, meditations, visions, etc. Many people want to group those two together, and say that the subconscious has no awareness, but I'm not so sure. When we dream, who creates the dream world? It's not our waking conscious, or even our dream self (another layer of consciousness, I believe), so who is it besides our subconscious? When we speak to dream characters, and ask questions, who answers them? Which part of you is doing all of this?

When lucid dreaming, perhaps there is some control from our waking consciousness and dream self, but there are still things that will happen in lucid dreams that are put there by something else, perhaps we just don't have the right word for it, so we call it the subconscious. 

@Dodo Sound like an awesome experience, man. You dream the dream and therefore you become the dream. Interesting! But then: when we drink vitamine water, do we become the vitamine water? ;)

@starsofclay Nice. Thanks for your input! Good questions to contemplate. I feel like I really don't know, so this could be something to dig in.

@Nahm When I look at the content of my dreams, it is somehow linked with things that keep me "busy" during the day. But if this is due to the sub conscious mind, I really don't know. It feels weird to talk about "sub conscious mind" and "dreams" while I really have no clue what they mean lol. Thanks for making me question myself ;)

The art is to look without looking