Afonso

Rushing

6 posts in this topic

Part of making life enjoyable is enjoying the plateaus – stable and simple moments. Most of the time, I get caught up in thinking about future events or wanting something to happen that I forget that all is OK right now, and that I can savor this moment right here.

What’s with all the hurry? There’s always some place I seem to be getting to, some itch in my ass which whispers to me “you must move”. What’s with all this hurry anyway? There seems to be no apparent cause, other than an urge for relief. This urge deserves some deep contemplation.

We live in a world that pays and praises speed. Quantity and not quality has become the driving focus all around us. It is speed which has compromised quality and efficiency. It takes a bit of consciences effort to not conform to the desires of this world for speed.

Conformity, in my opinion, is not conducive for becoming an authentic individual.

Maybe there lives a little conceptual man in your head who is trying to not be seen as a concept by awareness and so keeps it busy to never really calm down and just be.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

The amazing thing is the more you are aware the less your time is eaten up by worries and neg thoughts. You will feel you have almost 50% more time because you are wasting less of it.

There was a major shift for me when I finally was able to let go of the constant urge to be on the move.

I was always hell bent on achieving all the time. Earning more money, working on the business, renovating my house, going out to every family and social event etc....

Everyone would be saying things me like "geez, you're doing alright mate" or "you doing really well for yourself", patting me on the back the whole time while I was driving myself into the ground.

Things that helped me were meditating daily, doing retreats, serious contemplation and allocating time to be alone and do nothing

Looking back now I see how fucking insane it all is.