Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThirdEyeSees

Ra

5 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a question. Leo mentions in several of his videos and his most recent "what is art" video that we are spending time raising children because it is part of our survival mechanism. I don't remember if he said or if I just interpreted it that we are wasting time raising children.  I have two children and currently stay at home with them. 3 and 2 yrs old. I started to doing this work for me but also because I didn't want to pass my bad psychology onto them.  I have to raise my children, right?  God consciousness has become my number one priority.  How do I know when I'm being selfish about it? Should I not focus on them and focus more on the greater good? 

52 minutes ago, ThirdEyeSees said:

Hi! I have a question. Leo mentions in several of his videos and his most recent "what is art" video that we are spending time raising children because it is part of our survival mechanism. I don't remember if he said or if I just interpreted it that we are wasting time raising children.  I have two children and currently stay at home with them. 3 and 2 yrs old. I started to doing this work for me but also because I didn't want to pass my bad psychology onto them.  I have to raise my children, right?  God consciousness has become my number one priority.  How do I know when I'm being selfish about it? Should I not focus on them and focus more on the greater good? 

I would think you would integrate the pursuit of your spiritual goals like you integrate every other interest you may have while raising children. You won't be able to spend 24x7 on this interest because kids are going to take up time as well. So, you pursue it when you have free time.

I think that if you are in the right mindset, then raising children is never a waste of time. No, we no longer need to populate the world, but there is still a need to spread love and your own values, and you will only be around for so long. Therefore, you instill those values into your children, and hope that they will carry the traditions and change people's lives as well. Right now, we are way too populated with children who will grow up to spread hate and ignorance like their parents. It is parents like you who will make a difference for our future. That in itself will bring you to the God consciousness, whether in this lifetime, or in one to follow. Don't get too caught up on achieving it in this life. Learn what you can, teach it to your children, and one day, when you reincarnate, perhaps it will be one of their descendants who will show you the way. 

Edited by starsofclay

18 hours ago, ThirdEyeSees said:

I didn't want to pass my bad psychology onto them.

OSHO: How Your Parents Destroyed You

@ThirdEyeSees

Part of this work is that you have to learn how to balance the material world with your spiritual goals. I don't think abandoning your kids or abandoning your spiritual work is the answer.

I've never had kids but I'd try integrating the two. Lead by example.

Maybe your kids would want to join you in a spiritual practice like meditation, yoga or tai chi. Have healthy food around the house for them to eat. Show them what a conscious relationship looks like by working on your own if you have one. Show them how to properly handle money by mastering money yourself. Etc etc