The White Belt

If Reality Is Neutral..

43 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

@Shanmugam You were correcting what I said (is this fault finding to you?...hmmm)... this was your first response to me in this thread. So, when you say-

"You started it by finding a fault in my post.. "

That's actually not true.

My subsequent response to you in this thread, was in regards to your post above. Where I simply said "pleasure and pain persist after Moksha".

'My subsequent response to you in this thread, was in regards to your post above. Where I simply said "pleasure and pain persist after Moksha".'

Here you sounded certain, my subsequent replies were about questioning the nature of this certainty...And you admitted it in one of the posts that you are not 100% certain.. Thats what I wanted to hear... 

I was talking about the 'ego's intention of finding faults... that's all.... My response was not to find faults with yours.. just compare your response and my response in the text quoted by you in your previous post.. The posts of you and me are not contradicting with each other. They are complimentary. You said 'emotions come and ago', I talked about the nature of those emotions which come and go... Where did I find fault in what you said?

It was to clearly point out the distinction between the quality of a  normal person's emotions vs the quality of emotions felt by some one who has lost the sense of a separate identity... And also, I never said sensations of pain and pleasure do not persist in such a person. After seeing your response on that, I clarified with annotations.

But does it mean that pain and pleasure persist after moksha? As long as we accept that the definition of moksha is just losing the sense of duality, the sense of a separate identity, I would say that it is not necessary for the pain and pleasure to disappear after moksha...It didn't disappear in me after losing the sense of duality...

But it is really possible to get rid of pain and pleasure completely? Some people claim that they actually got rid of it and they claim that getting rid of pain and pleasure completely is what moksha is... Now, when dealing with this, we need to forget about the word 'moksha', because arguing what 'moksha' is, is only a linguistic argument.. It depends on what a person means by the word 'moksha'..

Instead, the question that needs to be asked is 'it is really possible to get rid of pain and pleasure completely?'.. And this is a question which you and I cannot answer with certainty, unless it actually happens to you and me... So, here it is best to live with uncertainty and say 'we don't know about that'... It may be true or may not be true... That was the whole point of my subsequent posts... Is it clear?

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Who will drop the egoic desire to win the debate first? I don't even know what you guys are arguing about... 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki