Fer Lazo

What Position Do You Meditate In?

6 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for almost 2 years daily. 20 Minutes in the morning after my regular physical activity. I've tried different methods, from sitting in a chair to a couch and even the floor.  I bought a Zabuton and Zafu and it has been great. The experience has gotten deeper since I can fully relax in a simple way. I cover my eyes and use earplugs since there may be noises from the vehicles outside passing by.

What is position do you meditate in?

IMG_3729.JPG

I usually meditate in a cross legged position on my bed.  I light a candle and bow to it with hands together in a praying position and put on a sash around my neck.  The sash had colors sewn into it made from thread for each time I meditate.  (Its getting some color).  I then meditate on my bed for 15 to 45 minutes depending on how pressed I am for time, (work days, etc).  I do a breathing meditation to clear my popcorn maker mind and then experience silence.  Interestingly enough it usually quiets my mind all day.  Its how I stay in touch with my True Self.

I sit on the floor leaning on a wall with a on my lower back/middle back

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

I sit on a cushion in full lotus. It's just very stable. But I like to have my eyes open and hear everything. In the end some noise coming from outside isn't that much differnt from a thought appearing in the mind.

"The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

I lay down because its easier to do a full body scan starting from my toes exiting my finger tips stretched out behind my head. I've gotten some insane results using this method.

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?