love

Career As A Physician

6 posts in this topic

Hello!
I have a serious decision forthcoming. It's my last year in high school, which means that I have to choose a career path. Finally I've chosen one of my many interests - medicine, but only to learn that most doctors work for enormous hours. If there are physicians in this forum, my question is for them - how many hours a week does a physician work and do they have time for something else except work?  And will my inner balance suffer if I take this path?

@love Consider a non-traditional, "alternative" position in medicine. Traditional medicine is pretty lame and low consciousness anyways.

Make your own niche in life. You don't have to go with the herd off the cliff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thank you for the answer. I realize that it could be time-consuming, but I do not really see an alternative. I want to learn more about the mind, body, psychology, neurology and to be exact- how different things (lifestyle, meditation, eating habits and etc.) effect them and to be honest I can't find something better than medicine that approaches all of this.

The only thing I am sure I want to do is helping people. 

If that's your passion - do it. 

But maybe am biased, because I'm in med school myself :P I am also very interested in lifestyle and holistic type of medicine and one day I probably will go in that direction. But if you really chose medicine, be prepared that 90% of what you have to do is regurgitate bullshit. Leo is right on that, most of it is low conscious. The majority doesn't give a fuck about lifestyle and mind-body connection. If you really want to become a doctor you have to just go though it with a bigger goal in mind (one day you will do your own thing and help people your own way)

also have in mind that studying medicine is by far not the only way to help people. there are tons of other options.

I personally chose medicine because I've wanted to be a doctor since I was little. Whenever I'd think about it, I'd feel goosebumps rising and my heart beating faster. When I assisted on a surgery for the first time, I just knew holy fuck, that's what I wanna do. I felt so excited and giggly. Like I was in love, not kidding.

Do you have that kind of passion? If you have, try going for it and never forget your prime goal (helping people)

:)

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

@love Get certified in Reiki. Visit a chiropractor who is aware of what role they are actually playing. Then do the doctor thing. 

This way you won't go into doctoring with unnecessary illusions. Bonus - your spirituality will expand exponentially. 

The only healers are the people who understand they are doing nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm studying medicine and healthcare as well. If you've gotten into systems thinking and have looked at the American Healthcare system, you'll see it needs MAJOR reconstruction before it can really start to help our population. Taking an outside approach could be worthwhile, ESPECIALLY if you're a physician.

Here's a physician who uses functional medicine to treat his client's brain disorders: https://www.wholepsychiatry.com/

Here's a physician and preventative medicine doctor who posts all his research on nutrition and human physiology into interesting 5 minute videos: https://nutritionfacts.org/

Here's a physician/chiropractor who has a huge team of health professionals and uses the best and latest technology to treat the patient from multiple angles: http://www.dkdc.com/

The options are endless. If you're a pill-popping-prescriber, you could be part of the problem.