John Iverson

The Thing In My Meditation, I Don't Know If That Is A Sloppy One Or It Is On The Right Track

7 posts in this topic

So, this last 2 weeks of my meditation my mind starts to say something that ohhh! You should loosen up your jaw ohh don't move the jaw because your meditation will be mess up I don't know should i let my jaw or movements move in certain ways? And for example i have a mucus on my throat it is triggering that my voice inside of me will say you don't have to mooove if you moove your meditation will be in a wrong track.....

That's just monkey mind doing its thing. Meditation is letting be whatever arises, don't control anything. Instead focus on benefits that meditation has on your every day life. Do you feel more aware of your emotions? Do you not get triggered as easily? Etc

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

5 hours ago, Danielle said:

Do you feel more aware of your emotions? Do you not get triggered as easily? 

I'm more aware of my emotions but i let it pass ... it is so frustrating for me if i do the meditation if when I meditating my monky mind will say that i need to meditate in a right ways... so I'm distracted to it... my mind say that i must let my tensions loosen up and i do it but i'm confused also is that right thing? 

24 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

I'm more aware of my emotions but i let it pass ... it is so frustrating for me if i do the meditation if when I meditating my monky mind will say that i need to meditate in a right ways... so I'm distracted to it... my mind say that i must let my tensions loosen up and i do it but i'm confused also is that right thing? 

@John Iverson I don't know what meditation practice your using but a mantra may be helpful for you. When you notice a thought starting to happen, gently bring awareness back to the mantra or breath. Keep it as simple as possible and don't make too much of small annoyances otherwise all your doing is creating  more resistance. Meditation is letting go of all the distractions that keep you stuck in you.

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

Don't get caught up in the whole mind game. Simply observe your thoughts without taking sides. There is no such a thing as a true thought, meditation is supposed to make you question the content that the mind presents. Be the watcher of your thoughts fighting. "You" that is trying to decide if that's the right way is also a thought! ;)

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@John Iverson Its a calling of your repressed emotions pointing out the judgments you use against yourself and you call meditation.
Treat the voice with kindness and love.
Let me give you an analogy.
For the sake of this analogy there is going to be you and your inner child. As if you existed as a parent to the child for your entire life.
You havent been paying much attention to the child for many years. And suddenly you find out about this thing called MEDITATION woooo. Now im going to be a superman! I will meditate and I will have FUCKING 0 THOUGHTS AND FUCKING 0 EMOTIONS AND ILL BE A SUPERMAAN WOPIEEYOO OK. 
let me just sit in pretended silence where I judge myself for doing everything  in a non-superman like fashion, that is the way to get there.

The inner child sees this and goes: xD lol, ok. Let me just make your life hell and put horrible thoughts and judgments and emotions into your system, until you start paying attention to me, instead of your ideas of becoming a superman.

Your mind: All is one, thoughts come and go
Inner child: Fuck youuuu
Mind: Only love is real
Child: Lol ok, youre worthless
Mind: I am not my emotions
Child: Waves of insecurity, anxiety, depression and existential crisis.... why would you care right? You are not your emotions... 

When the voice comes, answer it with the most sincere and deepest love-statement you can think of.
Beloved inner child. I am so sorry for ignoring you and neglecting you. I will spend the rest of my days making it up to you. Please tell me whatever it is taht you need. I only exist to serve you. I am sorry. I love you. I am here with you completely and forever. I will never abandon or neglect you again. Let you and me merge into a union where we go through life achieving our highest potential, where I become a conscious and loving parent to you, and together we will become what we are, for the benefit of all.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@John Iverson I suggest not moving anything at all, but allow that to be comfortable. Be patient, keep practicing. If you move, it is fine. Be patient to yourself. Love yourself. Non movement meditation can lead to experiencing non locality and that is a solid milestone. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE