Big_D

Tripping At Night

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

what are your thoughts about tripping at night? I read that at night, it is more likely to have some kind of  breakthrough(with self-inquiry, meditation...), because of the different chemicals in the brain. Also the mind is more calm.

So would that have an effect on the quality of the trip? Maybe someone can even tell from their personal experience :)

experiment with it, see what works for you :) i would think tripping at night vs day is a very minor factor in affecting your experience

Edited by Erlend

I almost always trip at night, I fast for 8 hours before my trip and while it may be easier to fast while I sleep and trip in the morning, I find the night to be more calm and quiet. I'm almost always in bed with ear plugs (not to be confused with headphones) and a blindfold on. Even so, night time is cooler (temperature-wise) and the world is quieter within and without. I do love tripping in the daytime, but if it's work that needs to be done (and there always is), night time is the time for me.

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

@Big_D It will just screw up your sleep cycle. You wanna be most alert during your trip, not sleepy.

Something like DMT or 5-MeO you can easily do at night cause it only lasts 45 minutes. But I wouldn't do mushrooms or LSD at night.

Probably more chances of bad trips at night in the dark.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I find the night time much more suitable. It is calming, silent and at ease. Besides, when you wake up, you'll feel aware, awakened(epiphany awakened), grateful and at ease. I only slept for 3 hours without a note of drowziness. I think an interesting way to solve this issue is if you meditate with your eyes closed or open.

You could always opt for late afternoon/sunset. Get to experience both night and day and get a good night's sleep afterward

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

Depends on the person, Darkness for me allows me to go deeper and night is more silent and less distractions, you see more(visuals) with your minds eye and sometimes visuals can help hypnotize the ego so you can surrender easier, but you wont have the benefit of sunlight, nature ect.. that can easily redirect a bad experience into a good one.

Another thing is in the morning the body/mind is pure as and experiences can be clearer and more understanding but then again if you fast all day and do it at night you could probably get the same results. If you eat only fruits you would probably still get a very pure experience since fruit hold the highest vibration and act as a detox substance more than a food.

Find what works for you or like the person above said :)

B R E A T H E