soh

Coaching Vs Self Mastery- Self Interest Vs Contribution

4 posts in this topic

I took Leo's life purpose course and actually came to two life purposes. One of which was self mastery. I must admit I've become quite an expert when It comes to this and have over the course of 20 plus years dealt with difficult life experiences which made me consider becoming a coach. The problem I have is that this far it's all been about helping myself and when I ask myself the following questions I get these answers. 1. Can I do it and be good at it. Yes (at least the productivity, inspire through big pic thinking, mindfulness part) 2. Will i have challenges earning money from it and doing sales. Yes. 3. Do I really care to help others or inspire them to be their greatest self? Not beyond my own kids.  So my question is since I do need to earn a living should I consider this development work which I have background and accumulated experience in. Or choose something else which I'm more excited about which is more new but i doubt my skills in, and on top of it would still have sales challenges.

One concept that this relates to is the idea of authentic contribution and making a difference.  When it comes to self development is it bad to sell self dev almost like one sells widgets.  I can see how it might confuse and confound one into thinking not only that they are a bad person but also that they are a bad salesperson if they fail. Might there be other pitfalls or strategies to understand self dev as business concept?

@soh Perhaps you've been heavy on the intellectual cognitive side of life. Drop all that thinking and start doing the practices daily. You can always ask for what to do next, or take the time to become. You're exactly where you're supposed to be, right now. Surrender to now and the perfection that is now. Your mind will clear up like a rainy day ceasing and there will be many fun things to do that align all facets of your life. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@soh If the impact you're making doesn't make you cry, it's not your life purpose. Helping people should be that important to you if you want to be a life coach.

Keep looking. Just because you can be good at something, doesn't make it your LP.

Put aside all consideration of, "But I need to make a living." << that has nothing to do with life purpose. That is an external condition. You can worry about that after you've found your purpose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura What if there's no purpose that will make you cry, if you're that type of person? I recall you saying once that you then have to work on yourself to cry more often. I guess I'm a little like this, I very rarely cry.

What kinds of exercises would you recommend? 

Edited by Edvard