Miguel Oliveira

Death, What You Think Happen After It?

5 posts in this topic

Hy people.

I saw yesterday's Leo's video and the question that probably can't be answered arises again.

I was born on a very christian circle and the idea of Heaven/Hell is deeply rooted in me.

On yesterday episode Leo said that he don't know, there are cases of people that had NDE (near dead experiences) and some said that they felt one withe everything, others felt some pain, like going on deep waters, but not everyone said the same thing. There were similarities but not everyone get the same experience.

I've made some research on this years cause with the OCD that I had I tried to be sure that when we die the punishment of our deeds doesn't happen.

I've encountered many explanations like, we are all one and we are energy and we gonna float on the void, others like Alan Watts saying that just as we can't remember anything before we are born, after we die is the same thing. Then we have others like religions, Egiptians saying that we gonna be judge and you go where you deserve.

I just don't want to believe in this last idea cause, what is the purpose of having a judgement? I know that if some of us were just like Hitler the most normal thing for us to think is that he deserved Hell but the idea that we have some type of "thing" following us, and then when we are dead judge us, and let us have another opportunity (reborn), or go to hell or simply go to heaven.

This is a very personal topic for me.

If you guys can discuss here all your ideas and researches about this would be amazing!

Thanks!!

@Miguel Oliveira in order to understand this, you have to experience what you are right now and what the fundamental nature of reality is.

don't simply accept/deny traditions because they're just another system of beliefs. they'll never heal your thirst. you need to investigate it by going deep in yourself.

whatever Truth is, it happens to you, in you, through you. you don't need to go anywhere else. you don't need to ask anybody else. and if you do, the answer will never be really satisfying, will it?

how do you come to be right now? let this question sink deeply in you.

unborn Truth

5 hours ago, Miguel Oliveira said:

I was born on a very christian circle and the idea of Heaven/Hell is deeply rooted in me.

What we call heaven and hell are just deep dream lives. The intensity of the fire burning in hell can never be found in real life, though it is a very inconsistent fire. In scriptures, there are descriptions of the fires of hell, into which you are thrown without being burned. But one is never aware of this inconsistency – that if you were thrown into an intense fire you would not be able to withstand the heat; yet you are not in any way being burned. 

During that interval, there is no clear awareness of the duration of time. Because of this, Christianity has said that there is hell forever. That is why they said that hell is eternal and it is very difficult to get out of it. Good souls see happy dreams and evil souls see unhappy dreams. Only because of their dreams are they feeling unhappy and miserable.

Heaven and hell are also memories of a dream period. Descriptions can be given. It is only on such descriptions that concepts of heaven and hell have been evolved by all religions. The descriptions are different not because the places are different, but because the mental states of the individuals recalling the experiences are different. Therefore, when Christianity describes heaven, it will be different from what Hinduism will describe, because descriptions depend on different states of consciousness. 

Actually, every person will bring back a different story. It is more or less like when we all sleep in the same room and then get up and describe our dreams. We have slept in the same room; we are at the same place, but our dreams will be different. Everything depends upon the person.

Dimensions Beyond the Known ~ Osho

My humble opinion:

You never go to hell or heaven. Cause you never die. You are everything you experience right now and there's no else here but you.

So, why would you punish yourself. You love yourself dont you? Of course you dont remember who you are.

Here is an example. While you are watching a movie you forget who you are and you identify with the protagonist, you suffer if something bad happens  to the hero of the movie and you are afraid of a bad ending, but as soon as the movie ends and the lights goes on you remember who you really are and you are relieved. 

I understand how your beliefs or others opinion makes this all so confusing, I come from a catholic environment.

Ultimately  you are gonna need to discover the truth  for yourself . It's  Not that hard, you just need thirtst for truth.