Loreena

Planning To Do Shadow Work Next Week ?

6 posts in this topic

So next week I'm planning to start with my shadow work. But I need in depth and extensive material on it and the exact processes, techniques, methods, data and interpretation of that data, previous case studies and research papers.

I tried searching the internet but got limited information which is not very varied, the same thing being repeated everywhere. Also I have a book on it but it doesn't contain details.

So I would be highly obliged if anybody could post many links, books, videos, data, and study material on here. 

Also if you have the general outline of various techniques, please do post. 

Thanks in advance. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Martin123 Has some awesome techniques in his shadow work guide, check it out if you haven't already :)
Good luck next week

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Going to be starting DBT in a few months, which is like mindfulness comingled with Buddhism.  I think it has aspects of shadow work in it.  If you still need the info on shadow work then, I can give you resources.  Will be from Harborview, where Linehan pioneered the techniques.  Might possibly be useful for understanding and defusing manipulative personalities as well as spotting the behaviors.

Good luck on your shadow work!

@Annetta That actually sounds very interesting! could you share the techniques?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V sure I'll share what i can as i learn it, if it ends up being effective will write up a guide for peeps w book list, resources, techniques after the program is over, six months to a year for that though. 

These three videos Emerald did are excellent.  

And three from Leo.  These have to do with Shadow Work too because how you judge yourself and others has to do with your shadow.

If you watch these six videos you will likely understand the basics of Shadow Work.  I just watched these all again myself!  Awesome.  :ph34r:

Edited by Joseph Maynor