Max_V

No Emotion After High School Graduation

7 posts in this topic

So that just happened, I graduated highschool with amazing results for my exams. Before I started actualizing, meditating, etc. I would be so incredibly happy and excited. Now I just feel nothing, I feel some slight relief but it doesn't really mean anything to me.

I don't know if I should see this as a good sign-- I don't get fulfilled by materialistic things anymore-- or as a negative things since it feels like my emotions are not as explosive and grand anymore 

Anyway to sum it up, I find this reaction from myself pretty weird. I have this culture that is telling  me this is something amazing, that should make me really happy. But it doesn't really touch me as like a high meditative state does or being in nature. It feels plain and shallow

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Same thing here. Finished High School.

For me, it's just that as the years go by you realize how unimportant your "amazing" grades are. Yeah, they're great to shave your Ego's butt.

43 minutes ago, Max_V said:

Before I started actualizing, meditating, etc. I would be so incredibly happy and excited. Now I just feel nothing, I feel some slight relief but it doesn't really mean anything to me.

Do you need some validation or something? You're making progress, dude. If you don't like it, stop. If you do like it, continue. It's that simple.

You didn't need to start a whole new thread 

@Max_V Congratulations for your graduation. Ah, it's all over. What a relief that is. But wait, there is more! What am I going to do now?

Perhaps your finale got washed over with uncertainty about the next long term commitment. That is how it was for me. All of a sudden, school was finished. My friends who I saw daily were about to be dispersed. New responsibilities were awaiting for me. A part of me wished I was back in school. 

@Alii You might be right. I feel sad and alone and I wanted some people to listen to what I had to say.

My bad for making this into a nee thread

Edited by Max_V
Recognized that I was deceiving myself

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

I feel the same way, my whole structure is lost and it feels like i'm on a shaky ground, but doing the work really helps me to keep my eye on the prize :D

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@Danielle Ye for some reason it makes me pretty emotional. I will not see a lot of the people I had good relationship with anymore. I will miss my teachers and my good friends, all the times having fun, walking around through the school. Hard for me to let go of these things.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus