Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milos Uzelac

Communicating,explaining To People Why Am I Doing This Work

6 posts in this topic

How do I commnicate(better said explain,justify) to other people that meditation will help them immensely and that I am doing this work because it will make me a better person and that it will help me with my goals in Life(which I have to yet deeply rexamine).I live in a foreign country(Serbia) and I have a fear simply directing people to Leo's channel beacuse its on english and even though many people here easily understand it (but still a lot of them dont) I have doubt that they will wont take the information the right way and dismiss me and it as my thougts(waste of time,irrelevant,crazy,stupid).The videos are long(they have to be) and I dont know how many people here will even consider watching one if I direct them as help to an issue they have(beacuse I have a limiting belief(doubt) that they will dismiss it on sight and call it bs).Im a fearful when it comes to telling people that Im doing this and ashamed that I cant explain(even tell) that meditation will help them with their issues(I dont know how to specify in what why exactly,will it for a example ease thier insomnia,anger or anxiety).I want to be open and more direct to the world  that Im doing this for my wellbeing and advise them to do the same for thiers,but its the shyness,right words,doubts and stepping out of the norm that im afraid of.This is really limiting me to be more dedicated to this and I would really appreacite a response or an advice of how you people who dedicate thier lives to this announced and explained to the world why are you doing this and stayed firm in position to others of the benefits that it has for you and will have.I know I may have to face mockery and crazy labeling(or am I thinking to negatively) but how do you say this openly to a rigid or uninformed people. How do you say it openly and with what words,stay true to this and embrace it whatever the circumstances.Thanks in advance, I know im too fearful and thought centered that I will have to work on myself so I can be more open about this to others.

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

Hehe, you speak of meditation as if it's cannabalism.

Every place in the world knows meditation exists and is practiced. Serbia probably has a strong Orthdox tradition. Orthodox prayer is very similar to meditation.

Sounds like you gotta upgrade your social circle, if people are really gonna question you for meditating.

Also, you don't need to announce it to anyone. Just do it silently. I don't go around telling people to watch my videos. Unless they ask, I keep my mouth shut. I rarely even mention it to my Mom.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Milos Uzelac  You don't need to tell people.  And if you feel like you do, why not wait until you can be an example?  Once you reach a certain level of calmness, level-headedness, and non-reaction in potentially emotional situations, people will ask you what your secret is...

Or, to be honest, I've noticed the more I go into this work the more relevant topics come up in discussion.  It's not that they didn't come up in discussion before, just that I didn't recognise them

Edited by Telepresent

@Milos Uzelac take the silent approach as an opportunity for spiritual maturation towards sincerity.

don't be trapped by the healer role. instead, drop all roles.

unborn Truth

Im amazed and yet at the same time thankful for the cool-headed,quick,down to earth(I dont know if I am using the correct  methapors:D) insightful responses.Thanks a lot Leo for setting the time of to read and respond, and to the experienced members  of the community.Felt kindness,astonishment and care by them.^_^

Thanks for the insightful tip.:)I will investigate and learn more about the mysticism traditions within Orthodox tradition during my summer off.