Russell

Insomnia Help!

10 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get my sleep cycle back on track the past few nights. I have to attend an all day lecture on spirituality tomorrow and I have to be there at 8 am. My only problem is...i haven't been falling asleep until 6 AM!

I must must must be asleep early tonight. I woke up today at 330 pm. The past two days I've taken melatonin 5 mg and some herbal remedies (I'll include pictures) to help but nothing does! Last night I laid in my bed from 11 pm til 630 am with my eyes shut waiting to fall asleep. I had THREE TEAS that are supposed to put you out. I don't know what to do anybody help?

1498255582430320991611.jpg

14982556196791589769414.jpg

1498255667974277638658.jpg

Try acupuncture therapy or buy an acupuncture mattress before bed. It has thorns that stimulate the vagus nerve aka. knock yourself out nerve. Other ways to do it would be to massage the back of your neck with a tennis ball and gurgling water ferociously. 

Definitely sleep in pitch black darkness and avoid all blue light a few hours before bed. Wear sunglasses if you have to and use a sleeping mask. 

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

I read somewhere that something like 80% of sleeping issues comes from the person feeling too hot. I know this is my problem. I have a huge bottle of water I sleep with wrapped up in a towel and its my cold spot. I sleep like a baby now :D Sometimes when trying to reset my sleeping habits working out and forcing myself up at an ungodly hour helps too. 

Take it easy with melatonin 5mg a very high dosage, you can fall asleep with 0.5mg and often use can actually reverse the effect. Be active throughout the day, try long exercise and spend a lot of time outside working your body, go for a bush walk or hike all day then by the time you get home you will be hungry and sleepy and dont stay on electronics before bed artificial lighting especially blue light disrupts melatonin production and tricks your brain to thinking its daytime. Artificial lighting/screens severely over-stimulate the eyes and brain. Meditate laying down on your back, very deep, slow breaths until you feel very tired and then that may help as well as strong herbal teas.

If not just do whatever you have to do until you fall asleep then try to set an alarm to wake you up 2-4hours afterwards then soon as you wake up don't go back to sleep until nightime, its going to be challenging but if you do make it to evening and since you only had little sleep you may be able to fall asleep early then wake up early and repeat the process until it becomes natural.

Warm shower or even batter a bath with magnesium salts and 10-20 drops of lavender essential oil can help calm the body and mind down for easier sleep as well.  Valerian and Chamomile are some good teas/herbs for sleep.

Try to eat a healthier diet as well. Diet plays huge role in most problems we have today.

B R E A T H E

@Russell There's a lot of informative stuff here 

And here's another one.. some useful suggestions, one by Dan and the other by Nick /Nichols 

And here's another 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

51 minutes ago, pluto said:

Try to eat a healthier diet as well. Diet plays huge role in most problems we have today.

He is right on this. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Read a book in bed.  I use kindle paperwhite (with backlight) for reading. After 30-60 min. of reading my body totally shuts down.

@Russell

Exercise, exercise, exercise,

move your body in the day. Walk. Run for a little as well. Swim if you can. Do some yoga stretches or pushups or whatever works. Tennis is fun, martial arts are a cool thing, parkour is aggressive for the body but if you did that for 3 hours you'd sleep. Have you tried dancing at a club for 4 hours straight, with zero caffeine and drugs?

Get off the phone. Get off the internet for a bit. Stop the spiritual over-seeking stuff, and let your mind 'reset' on its own.

No more alcohol.

A cool shower in the evening will put you out like an elephant tranquiliser- provindg you have moved and exercised in the day.

I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSE FOR NOT EXERCISING. There is no reason you cannot do some form of exercise today. Even if you are in a wheelchair, you can exercise. Even if your leg is broken, you can exercise in other ways. Even if its snowing or raining outside, you can exercise.

EXERCISE!!!!! And if you already exercise, double the amount. Your sleep will be fixed.

this post is 2 years old folks :D the guy probably doesn't even come on here anymore

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus