Natasha

Spiritual Traps

13 posts in this topic

Spiritual Traps discussed in this video:

The Enlightenment Trance, Imitation and Concept, Beliefs and Stories, Non-Duality, Mind and No-Mind, Inclusion and Exclusion, Spiritual Fascism, Avoidance of Stopping, Silent Awareness: The Resolution.

What have been your spiritual traps? 

A big spiritual trap I experienced along with all of my friends some of my friends wont even talk to each-other anymore over this ego driven trap. My friends ended up intellectualizing spirituality without practicing the methods to allow it to actually change their being. The debating became exhausting, monotonous, and destructive in the end. Nothing was learned except that the ego is very sneaky, and debating philosophical approaches is more for the ego than spiritual progression. 

@S33K3R I agree. Spiritual ego bumping over a concept(s) is futile indeed. The best way, I found, is to simply do your work, and those with eyes to see and ears to hear, will respond. 

1)Half assed nihilism/meaninglessness
2) Short-sightedness  and not taking full responsibility 
3) Setting no core values to live by (It's all meaningless anyway. lets just watch TV)
4) Unreal fantasies about awakening
5) Not engaging in human relationships (fear of rocking the boat). Avoiding life

these are just a few to list.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Practicing gratitude and Being helps me to avoid the meaninglessness trap. I also used to be in the 'ego death' trap, now learning to integrate the ego instead of trying to eradicate it. Got to be aware of those traps, so we're not so easily caught into them in the first place.  

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Natasha i often slip into the objective 'reality' trap.  

Same here. Perhaps our survival mechanism is the one to blame ^_^

The "If I follow the spiritual path, I won't be able to make money. I won't survive." trap

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

Thinking you'll find it outside your body, trying to skip over suppressed emotions.

A common trap because the foundation of the negative ego structure was created at a young ego specifically to act as if one is beyond the sensitive emotional self.

@AlwaysBeNice Yes, that's why shadow-work is so important. I repeat it again and again on these forums. It takes time and effort to root out the conditioning/programming that hold us back.

35 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@AlwaysBeNice Yes, that's why shadow-work is so important. I repeat it again and again on these forums. It takes time and effort to root out the conditioning/programming that hold us back.

I don't see a difference, every time dissolving/expansion happens, fears/emotions come up.

Edit: Well, before I did used to dismiss them and did not progress so much, so having an open attitude is important.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I don't see a difference, every time dissolving/expansion happens, fears/emotions come up.

Edit: Well, before I did used to dismiss them and did not progress so much, so having an open attitude is important.

Yes, facing our fears and feeling unpleasant emotions fully is how we begin to heal. When we dismiss/suppress them, they keep to resurface over and over reeking havoc in our psyche and disturbing our peace. And this is madness 'cos none of that stuff is even real. Check out Eckhart Tolle's talks on 'pain body' and how the ego feeds off it, powerful stuff.