AION

Do you take your shoes off in your house?

55 posts in this topic

I have slippers I use when in the house.

But I have a dog. So - redundant.


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Elliott said:

And do you use a mattress, those filthy disgusting spiritual cess pools no one washes, accumulating your worldly filth, like a bank of your sins waiting to consume your body when go to sleep for the last time.

There are these things called "mattress covers/protectors" that you wrap your mattress in to protect it from your nasty ass. 😂

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People adamant about no shoes in the house have a sharp stick up their ass. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are all a bunch of peasants.

I take my clothes off and walk around naked when in the houseB|. Zero conditioning allowed, just pure authenticityxD

Edited by Eskilon

Road to perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one actually belongs in the conformity thread: Taking shoes off at the front door. 😂


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joshe said:

This one actually belongs in the conformity thread: Taking shoes off at the front door. 😂

Wearing shoes is leagues above in the conformity tier list

Contemplate, why do you use shoes at all?:D:D 

Who was the mf who infected you with that stupid idea?

Edited by Eskilon

Road to perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eskilon said:

Wearing shoes is leagues above in the conformity tier list

Nah bruh. Shoes are essential, if you're smart. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain how this is related to spirituality? I don't see the link.

And it's just a weird topic overall. And some replies are weird too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jirh said:

Can anyone explain how this is related to spirituality? I don't see the link.

And it's just a weird topic overall. And some replies are weird too.

Not everything needs to adhere to your categories. Also, OP was probably genuinely curious how other AO members thought about a simple thing like this. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joshe said:

Nah bruh. Shoes are essential, if you're smart. 

*if you are weak


Road to perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eskilon said:

*if you are weak

😂My feet hurt!!! 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Joshe said:

There are these things called "mattress covers/protectors" that you wrap your mattress in to protect it from your nasty ass. 😂

Full HAZMAT suit, decontamination airlock with laminar flow passthrough HVAC system to enter the house? deadass cope xD

7 minutes ago, Joshe said:

This one actually belongs in the conformity thread: Taking shoes off at the front door. 😂

 

do-it-star-wars.gif


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jirh said:

Can anyone explain how this is related to spirituality? I don't see the link.

And it's just a weird topic overall. And some replies are weird too.

Some people view taking off your shoes at the door as a rich spiritual and cultural tradition that symbolizes transitioning from the outside world into a clean, sacred, or protected space.


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Full HAZMAT suit, decontamination airlock with laminar flow passthrough HVAC system to enter the house? deadass cope xD

 

do-it-star-wars.gif

lol, done. 

HHwVqMj.png


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joshe Haha I love that .gif - Sidious compels you. Irresistible force :D 

We better get back on topic - AION likes to claim/attach to his threads and come in with pitchforks!


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

@Joshe Haha I love that .gif - Sidious compels you. Irresistible force :D 

We better get back on topic - AION likes to claim/attach to his threads and come in with pitchforks!

Oh shit. Didn't realize AION was OP. Please disregard me. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joshe said:

Oh shit. Didn't realize AION was OP. Please disregard me. 

Mods are out of control!!!


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

I have slippers I use when in the house.

But I have a dog. So - redundant.

@Natasha Tori Maru I do the same, but I take dog out 3 times a day and he brings dirt from the street(I live in apt)

Do you clean your dog's paws?

I started cleaning his every time we went out but I no longer do it, it's too much work and don't think it's good for him

Edited by pablo_aka_god

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Some people view taking off your shoes at the door as a rich spiritual and cultural tradition that symbolizes transitioning from the outside world into a clean, sacred, or protected space.

Thanks for clarifying!

This thought never occurred to me, actually. I mean about the house in particular. Some traditions place importance on such rituals when entering sacred places, like temples and such. I never thought of my house as sacred. But I think I should. Totally unrelated to shoes, though. I think shoes are sacred too.

Edited by Jirh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, letting your shoes into your house allows you to develop a stronger immune system.

Small amounts of bacteria help calibrating and building up body resistance against the same bacteria in large amounts.

Overly sterile environments lead to weaker immune systems.

Expose yourself to risks, so you can actually win against real dangers.

Edited by Jirh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now