r0ckyreed

Flock Cameras: For or Against?

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

My guess is you don't even know what their reasoning is to begin with. la; hubris. 

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

 

 

 

What's funny is they point to cops getting caught snooping on their exes, but - the cops keep getting fired for it,  À la; good thing happened, bad character cops off the force, the people are safer because the bad watchman is gone.

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Imagine if Palantir got it's filthy hands on this shit in some sort of horrific merge.

Flock:        reality = data 

Palantir:   data = intelligence 

Some fucking Orwellian shit. Human misuse as well. 

Yeah, that merger or collaboration was one of the first things that came to mind. I think Flock is playing a very long game too. It might take them 10 years or more to garner mass public approval. I think they’ll happily meet any demands for the time being, just to get the equipment in place. I heard they’re giving a lot of the equipment away so cash-strapped departs can adopt. And I bet that as time goes on, we’ll start seeing pushes for longer data retention. For example, there will come a time when if Flock only had access to 31 days worth of recordings instead of 30, they could have prevented a mass shooting or caught the killer. Then I imagine well-timed propaganda campaigns deployed to produce increasing positive sentiment. Sounds a bit out there, but there could come a day when there is 24/7/365 recording with mass adoption and mostly positive sentiment. And of course we can’t trust Andreeson to not give Theil, Musk, or anyone else direct pipelines to the data. 

It seems like Flock data could be some of, if not the most valuable on the planet. Also, even though they claim to delete the data after 30 days, does that mean ALL the data or just the feeds? I’m guessing they’re producing a shit ton of data derived from the feeds. I need to look into it more. 

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joshe Fuck, it sounds like the plot of minority report (just without future projection).

I think some sort of fuse or collation of these emerging services is inevitable.

I wonder how much it will split and fragment society...

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in favor of accelerating towards armageddon so i'm mostly for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now