JimMorrison

Need help comprehending and understanding teachings that may be misapplied

8 posts in this topic

If everything is illusion and all others are imagined from us what does it mean for others to self realize or even to teach others? How do I address this predicament?

On top of that how does one stay grounded in reality when having these profound realizations such as comprehending solipsism on a universal scale, God, consciousness.

From my survival lenses giving all these ideas more thought can cause more deregulation than being grounded especially when you have kids and such. I imagine my reality but reality seems to imagine me just as much. Consciousness being paramount matters but how does one not get lost in the maze of awakenings and realizations? Even to ask a community is relative to my “human being”. So where do I balance these? How am I maybe misapplying or not fully interpreting these situations?

Sorry for the tons of questions in advance. I would like to hear from a moderator or Leo himself if any of you have time. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JimMorrison Have you had such awakening experiences?


"Finding your reason can be so deceiving, a subliminal place. 

I will not break, 'cause I've been riding the curves of these infinity words and so I'll be on my way. I will not stay.

 And it goes On and On, On and On"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't usually tell you that, but you have to be pragmatic, even inside a dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solipsism is crap. There, solved it for you.

Not "my experience is the only one that exists -> instead "consciousness is all that exists".

Not "other people don't have experience" -> instead "me and other people are one, the same consciousness".

Not "other people is an illusion" -> instead "myself as the ego, and anybody else as an ego, is an illusion".

 

2 hours ago, JimMorrison said:

I would like to hear from a moderator or Leo himself if any of you have time. Thanks in advance.

Mods are not really smarter or more insightful, just better at or more concerned about following rules and being socially glib.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had many awakenings now, it’s just trying to ground myself after realizing certain aspects seem to much and that I should not approach because I’m skeptical of how true my awakenings are and if I may just be deceiving myself and not truly awakening to the truest understanding but have convinced myself that these epiphanies are true. @Carl-Richard we are actually agreeing as what I mean by universal solipsism is the everything is consciousness entangled. I thought you were a mod, no? Anyways how can I better ground myself after understanding these things. Such as when one takes a psychedelic you can have radically explicit thoughts that seem so very true that it becomes hard to ground yourself sometimes or even when meditating.

How do you know it to be true that others exist? If all is one, what individuation is there to be had by any one person. Is it that I am misunderstanding these? I just want more balance because I fall deeply into over analyzing my thoughts where it reshapes my worldview and starts to affect my regular everyday experience. It feels as though spirituality is so complex and counterintuitive that it’s hard to discern what I actually know to be true from red herrings. In a way I feel stupid and confused because I’m always doubting my awakenings and what I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JimMorrison I feel you need a good role model for grounding your logical mind as well as keeping your non-dual inclinations. Bernardo Kastrup (and Rupert Spira, and both together in dialectic is maybe even better) can help you there. Bernardo is a philosopher who arrived at non-duality (or idealism) through philosophy while Rupert of course arrived at it through spirituality and mysticism, and their views are essentially identical only formulated using a bit different metaphors and language, and they're both in my estimation very grounded in the world (Bernardo quite literally as he has an academic background and also a quite serious professional career in computer engineering). Especially Kastrup can help you reconcile the understanding of bodies and minds in everyday life with the larger universal consciousness (that's sort of his point).

 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy = being x meaning ²

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JimMorrison just be careful that you don't fall into the god complex of others (enlightened guru's) aswell as into your own god complex (solipsism) a bigger realisation would be that you are much more like an ant then God, only your essence/beingness/isness is God, your power in this world is not much more then that of an ant. Remain humble and don't become a spiritual zen devil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JimMorrison just be careful that you don't fall into the god complex of others (enlightened guru's) aswell as into your own god complex (solipsism) a bigger realisation would be that you are much more like an ant then God, only your essence/beingness/isness is God, your power in this world is not much more then that of an ant. Remain humble and don't become a spiritual zen devil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now