Mellowmarsh

Changing our Minds about Nonduality

76 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Because I can perceive easily that Newman or Ralston never open themselves to the absolute. They lack humility. It's easy to see listening them, they haven't being open to the source, to the holy that humbles you and burn your psyche. For them reality is a dream, is not real, what is real is the empty consciousness. That's a total mistake, there is not "empty consciousness". That would be an absolute duality 

As an interesting experiment, you could give Jim a call and challenge him on these topics. Then you would know for sure. 

He actually takes free whatsapp calls during the week, 9 to 12 in the mornings EST.  https://www.simply-this.com/

 

Edited by Wilhelm44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Because I can perceive easily that Newman or Ralston never open themselves to the absolute. They lack humility. It's easy to see listening them, they haven't being open to the source, to the holy that humbles you and burn your psyche. For them reality is a dream, is not real, what is real is the empty consciousness. That's a total mistake, there is not "empty consciousness". That would be an absolute duality 

This is all your own confusion projected on to someone else, big mistake.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Nonduality has had its day,the very thought of it has to be the most stupidest idea ever conceived by the human mind. 

They're not wrong.  Like most spiritual paths or disciplines they have a hard time reconciling absolute truth and relative truths and in many cases don't want or care too.  Its always an either/or deal.  Win with the technical while ignoring the fundamental.

Despite the common ground I can't stand talking to them although thats probably a two way street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

As an interesting experiment, you could give Jim a call and challenge him on these topics. Then you would know for sure. 

He actually takes free whatsapp calls during the week, 9 to 12 in the mornings EST.  https://www.simply-this.com/

 

Look, I know perfectly well what Newman would say. The very name of his site, *Simply This*, already says it all. He would claim that any experience of opening up to the Absolute is merely another dream of consciousness; that any mysticism is simply consciousness dreaming of mysticism.

This is a fundamental error: by asserting the existence of an "empty consciousness" that has dreams, he is positing an entity that performs actions.

There is no such thing as "the consciousness"; the word "consciousness" only holds meaning from the perspective of a dualistic, observing entity, it is merely the structure reality assumes within the subject-object duality.

Yet, the substance of that consciousness is reality itself. Reality is not consciousness; rather, consciousness is reality, and it is capable of knowing itself completely. It is neither a hallucination nor a dream; it is the Absolute, call it God, if you wish.

It is a power so absolute that one can only glimpse it for a fleeting second, or else one's being would instantly vaporize. It is reality without restriction, beholding and recognizing itself. It is what mystics throughout the ages have described, and what Newman never have seen,.or better, being open to it; that is why he is so dry, as Ralston 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

This is a fundamental error: by asserting the existence of an "empty consciousness" that has dreams, he is positing an entity that performs actions.

This just shows that you haven't really listened to his videos. Jim doesn't even use the word consciousness. He uses words like Unbounded energy, anarchy, Indescribable mystery etc. I'm not saying I agree with all his statements about reality. But you seem to be making assumptions about what he's saying based off of the name of his website or some soundbites here and there. I think you might be surprised if you actually speak to him. I gave him a call a few weeks ago. There's a profound silent depth there which has an otherworldly potency to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

This just shows that you haven't really listened to his videos. Jim doesn't even use the word consciousness. He uses words like Unbounded energy, anarchy, Indescribable mystery etc. I'm not saying I agree with all his statements about reality. But you seem to be making assumptions about what he's saying based off of the name of his website or some soundbites here and there. I think you might be surprised if you actually speak to him. I gave him a call a few weeks ago. There's a profound silent depth there which has an otherworldly potency to it.

 

I admit that I just watched some videos and reading his quotes and more or less his paradigm. But when I listen ideas as: "never nothing have happened " I automatically stop listening, can't avoid . This quote is a mistake in it's foundation because it's giving a description affirming that descriptions are false, so, or he's very confused or he's trying to sound mysterious saying anything without sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

qSEmAAj.png

xGLyOlF.png


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

@Breakingthewall  From listening to you it sounds like none of the spiritual teachers alive today are actually awake.

I don't know all of them, but reading and listening them sound limited. Maybe one day I will think: ohh I was so confused, they were right .  who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

From listening to you it sounds like none of the spiritual teachers alive today are actually awake.

Theyre all still here so there might be something to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I don't know all of them, but reading and listening them sound limited. Maybe one day I will think: ohh I was so confused, they were right .  who knows?

You said earlier you never followed a path as such.

You really never read any spiritual books that influenced you in any way ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willy Phallicus said:

Theyre all still here so there might be something to that.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

You said earlier you never followed a path as such.

You really never read any spiritual books that influenced you in any way ?

I read some but always I found them disappointing, like some lacks. Krishnamurty, adyashanty, tolle.  

What most inspired me to look inward was this fragment that seems quite....not interesting, not so deep

 

I sat on the bed to look out the large window directly in front of me, gazing at the lights reflecting off the narrow, muddy streets of that small town. I was thinking about the pleasure Charles Lamb found in the glow of streetlamps on wet cobblestones when, suddenly, a translucent, shimmering, blue-white mist hid that world—and my very experience of being there—from my sight. With the mist came an ineffable peace and joy (...). It is hard to describe an experience of being swept away into... into what? Something I had never read about, never pondered, and whose existence I had never even known—much as an unborn child cannot grasp a description of this world. The mist grew denser, and as it deepened, the knowledge, the comfort, the radiance, the peace—in a word, the ecstasy—deepened as well, until "I" seemed to be "That" and "That" seemed to be "I." We were mingled, blended, fused... I was pure consciousness, pure awakening; yet, when I came to, there was nothing to tell. While immersed, I existed within everything that has been, is, and will be; I realized then that while human beings measure space and time, nothing is truly "before" or "after"—everything is simultaneous; everything is simply *there*. Suddenly, the mist and the light vanished just as they had appeared. I was still sitting on my bed, clutching the sheet, eyes wide open, staring at the streetlights. My first thought was: "Good! Beneath it all lies this calm, this joy, this security..." Then, something curious happened to me. I looked out the window at the world, touched the furniture in my room, and said to myself: "How strange—this world is a shadow. I have touched the Real, that which is always 'there'; from now on, this entire world I once knew will be unreal. Why is it there? To experience what?"

 

This fragment made me doing 5meo until frying my brain, also meditating a lot, I perceived the truth in this fragment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

@Breakingthewall  From listening to you it sounds like none of the spiritual teachers alive today are actually awake.

Jesus is next to be "exposed" 😂😂😂 😂😂


There is intelligence everywhere

– Some intelligence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Feminine is averse to the individual, the Masculine is averse to the relation.  This generates most spiritual drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now