Karmadhi

Why is China hated so much in the West?

111 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When I say something negative about a topic you like, you guys love to assume I got some personal bias against it, but I am just speaking objectively.

But you admitted you have never been to China.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When I say something negative about a topic you like, you guys love to assume I got some personal bias against it, but I am just speaking objectively.

You've spoken negatively about Seinfeld and other entertainment, does that mean a piece of media is objectively bad or wrong just because you say so? I personally love that show.

I am well open to relativity and paradox on the subject.

You also heavily criticized a game you spent almost a year modding.

Edited by JoshB

I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When I say something negative about a topic you like, you guys love to assume I got some personal bias against it, but I am just speaking objectively.

People say that because we fear you may be influenced by the very biased media and social environement in the US

Unless you meet people from other parts of the world or travel there it can cause biases

I think that is why

Nobody here is saying that China is a perfect flawless country

I am sure they steal some IP addresses for example

But is that enough to demonize China so much when you have so many countries in the world doing messed up stuff?

We feel China is being cherry picked here

 

 

Edited by Karmadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But you admitted you have never been to China.  

Have you been? Where did you go?

Curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But you admitted you have never been to China.  

That is irrelevant to the points I was making.

1 hour ago, JoshB said:

You've spoken negatively about Seinfeld and other entertainment, does that mean a piece of media is objectively bad or wrong just because you say so?

Of course it does not mean that. That is not at all what I said above. I said I state certain political facts that are damning for China or Israel or Russia or whoever, and then you guys start to think I am bigoted against them.

I say a lot of objective stuff that seems like I am anti this or anti that, but I am not anti anything.

My opinions about media, art, games, are purely my subjective taste and perference. I think Oblivion sucks. But if you love it, my view is not truer than yours.

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

People say that because we fear you may be influenced by the very biased media and social environement in the US

Unless you meet people from other parts of the world or travel there it can cause biases

I think that is why

Nobody here is saying that China is a perfect flawless country

I am sure they steal some IP addresses for example

But is that enough to demonize China so much when you have so many countries in the world doing messed up stuff?

If I say China steals IP, and they do, that is not a demonization of China. That is an objective statement.

The reason I said that was because this thread started off by making a case that America has no reason to worry about China. My point is, America has legit reasons.

This whole thread is asking why China is so hated. I told you why. That doesn't mean I hate China.

If you ask me why Hitler hated Jews, I can tell you. That doesn't mean I hate Jews. I don't hate anyone or any nation.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If I say China steals IP, and they do, that is not a demonization of China. That is an objective statement.

I never claimed that you personally as Leo demonize China

When I said China is demonized or cherry picked, i meant to the WEST and USA

Not to Leo

Totally different

I know you do not judge and all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

When I said China is demonized or cherry picked, i meant to the WEST and USA

Yeah. And that's what I explained.

China is demonized because they are a serious rival. This not rocket science.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I say a lot of objective stuff that seems like I am anti this or anti that, but I am not anti anything.

My opinions about media, art, games, are purely my subjective taste and perference. I think Oblivion sucks. But if you love it, my view is not truer than yours.

In 95% of topics you are right on the money. It's when you make Absolute flamboyant claims that aren't found in others direct experience or when you make absolute remarks of one's state or being. And you drive unbias into the ground so I can tell you aren't anti anything. But at the same time it feels like you don't give any breathing room to disagree sometimes. 


I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura I also get that there things that are absolutely right and everyone but you could disagree and they are not wise enough to see that.


I'm Batman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

China is demonized because they are a serious rival. This not rocket science.

I agree but I feel it is not grounded in truth but in biases when you demonize someone because you view them as a serious rival.

If you speak to anti China people, they will say "China is evil and USA is good"

That is the type of people my post was targetting

 

Edited by Karmadhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Karmadhi said:

they will say "China is evil and USA is good"

Well, that's just childish nonsense which doesn't deserve a response.

That's just right-wing bigotry and fascism.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now