Someone here

Is there an unconscious mind ?

46 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Willy Phallicus said:

If you can think of it, it exists.

I can reach a state of absolute zero thought in meditation but there is still some tension in the background . 
also a hypothetical question: what is memory ? I can right now recall an event that happened when I was 10 years old. Where is that memory stored if there is no subconscious mind ?

 

Edited by Someone here

“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t agree that I’m deluding myself or consciously creating this issue. The discomfort is real. I’m not choosing to experience it, and I’m not inventing it because of some belief that I’m refusing to acknowledge.

The fact that I don’t know the source of the discomfort doesn’t mean the discomfort itself isn’t real. I literally experience something uncomfortable in my mind, and I don’t currently understand where it comes from. That uncertainty is the issue I’m trying to communicate.

I also don’t think the main issue is necessarily locating some hidden subconscious belief or turning this into an abstract philosophical question about the “ is there something beyond consciousness for the fuck of it just meaningless abstract philosophy .” Make sure to get that right before projecting .

I’m willing to examine my beliefs and be honest with myself. But being honest with myself also means not forcing myself to conclude that I’m creating something when I genuinely don’t believe that I am. I can take responsibility for understanding what’s happening without taking responsibility for having deliberately created it.

I do experience discomfort without apparent cause in the surface of consciousness. 

 

You are unconsciously creating it, you are not aware of how you are doing it, but you are doing it. Who else could be doing it? I do not doubt you feel discomfort. I empathize with you there. I know you feel bad and I'm sorry you feel this way, what you are experiencing is real of course. We can set that aside and actually look to see how to get to the root and understand how and why you are choosing to create this experience for yourself. Your discomfort is being created by your beliefs. You are believing something that is not true. You created that belief somewhere along your journey due to a misconception. It might have even been helpful for you at some point, it might not have been deliberate, you might have learned it from someone else, but nevertheless you formed it unintentionally or not and it continues to this day. Possibly about life, yourself, your value, something you can't accept, etc. This is why self inquiry is so important here. When you deny your hands are not on the steering wheel here, that you are not the creator, you are making yourself a victim of your discomfort. Nothing I am writing is abstract or philosophical. It is on the complete contrary. it couldn't be put into more plain English. There is some belief you are unconscious of which needs the light of consciousness shined on it so you can understand it and answer your own questions and see for yourself if you wish to continue to believe it or not. it will remain unresolved until then. 

 

Edited by Lyubov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

You are unconsciously creating it, you are not aware of how you are doing it, but you are doing it. Who else could be doing it? I do not doubt you feel discomfort. I empathize with you there. I know you feel bad and I'm sorry you feel this way, what you are experiencing is real of course. We can set that aside and actually look to see how to get to the root and understand how and why you are choosing to create this experience for yourself. Your discomfort is being created by your beliefs. You are believing something that is not true. You created that belief somewhere along your journey due to a misconception. It might have even been helpful for you at some point, it might not have been deliberate, you might have learned it from someone else, but nevertheless you formed it unintentionally or not and it continues to this day. Possibly about life, yourself, your value, something you can't accept, etc. This is why self inquiry is so important here. Nothing I am writing is abstract or philosophical. It is on the complete contrary. it couldn't be put into more plain English. There is some belief you are unconscious of which needs the light of consciousness shined on it so you can understand it and answer your own questions. it will remain unresolved until then. 

 

You’re repeating the same suggestion, and I don’t accept the premise that it’s true.

You’re saying, “the discomfort is real, but you are unconsciously creating it because of a   Conscious belief.”  Pure contradiction.

that is the very thing we are supposed to be investigating you’re presenting it as the conclusion before it has actually been established.

To cut to the chase: I experience this discomfort even while I’m asleep, when I’m supposedly unconscious. So what belief exactly is creating it then?

If your answer is still “there must be an unconscious belief,” then thanks because you just proved my point . There is indeed an unconscious mind .

So if we’re going to actually get to the root of this, you need to stop starting from the conclusion that “I’m creating it because of a false belief im doing intentionally ” and instead acknowledge the possibility that the cause genuinely isn’t known yet. It’s completely unconscious.

See?

Edited by Someone here

“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You’re repeating the same suggestion, and I don’t accept the premise that it’s true.

You’re saying, “the discomfort is real, but you are unconsciously creating it because of a   Conscious belief.”  Pure contradiction.

that is the very thing we are supposed to be investigating you’re presenting it as the conclusion before it has actually been established.

To cut to the chase: I experience this discomfort even while I’m asleep, when I’m supposedly unconscious. So what belief exactly is creating it then?

If your answer is still “there must be an unconscious belief,” then thanks because you just proved my point . There is indeed an unconscious mind .

So if we’re going to actually get to the root of this, you need to stop starting from the conclusion that “I’m creating it because of a false belief im doing intentionally ” and instead acknowledge the possibility that the cause genuinely isn’t known yet. It’s completely unconscious.

See?

Suit yourself, my words aren't connecting with you. I'm not here to debate anything. I just know this is true what I shared for me and it lead me to resolve for myself what you described. I did not say your belief is conscious. I said you need to make what you believe conscious through self inquiry. This is another sneaky way of misunderstanding, splitting words.

Edited by Lyubov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lyubov thank you .


“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now