Dan Arnautu

What Is Your Life Purpose?

13 posts in this topic

For a chance to know you guys better, I want to ask, if you have found it: 

• What is your life purpose? What domain does it encompass?
  • What makes you tap dance to work everyday?
  • What brings you the greatest joy in your work?
  • What brought you more clarity towards your life purpose?

I know that mine is music related, but I haven't made it concrete yet. I would have to take the life purpose course in order to get more clarity on it. 

But, I am curious about your journey! Tell me about it. ;)

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I don't have a specific life purpose but my goal is to become really good at composing music even if it's probably takes 10+ years lol

what brought me more clarity towards this is because i have always been really inspired by people who was extremely good at something and from what i have read becoming really good at something should give you some advantages (from a book by cal newport called so good they can't ignore you)

Edited by BjarkeT

4 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

I din't have a specific life purpose but my goal is to become really good at composing music even if it's probably takes 10+ years lol

That's great. Feel free to share your work if you have something composed already. Do you play an instrument?

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I would but i am not sure if it's allowed as it says no self promotion allowed here :( https://www.actualized.org/forum/guidelines/

i have played the piano since 2006 but mostly as something i did for fun but i have considered taking it more seriously lately :) 

if your life purpose is music related (that's awesome btw) which part of music (for example performing, conducting  composing etc.)do you plan to do? :)

@BjarkeT I was always a performer with great technical ability. One of the things I love most is mastering very difficult songs. Other musical abilities don't come so naturally to me, but I still brought them to an acceptable level.

Although, the words of Tom Hess gave me more confidence in my abilities and made me bet on my strengths. Maybe they will help you too in some way:

Music is very different from a skill or a sport. There is no such thing as musical skill. There exists only a large set of musical skills.

Think about some of the very different types of skills a musician needs to have:

• a highly developed ear
  • good physical technique on his/her instrument
  • heightened creativity
  • the ability to improvise well
  • songwriting/composing skills
  • the ability to play in time
  • the ability to play with others
  • the comprehension of music theory
  • a good memory
  • the ability to read music
  • etc.

The list goes on and on.

Some players have a natural ability to play fast, some have naturally good ears, some have good voices, some are naturally more creative than others, some are natural improvisers, etc.

Nobody has natural talent in all of the necessary areas to be a complete musician.

Edited by Dan Arnautu
proofread

1- I mess with arts, in various fields from music (Playing at local jazz gigs) to writing, drawing and producing short animation.

2 - It's feels great to see what people do out of my ideas and every now and then I see original work around from my friends, which is very inspiring to me.

3 - the money for creating something organic (from inspiring to good), and also, developing craftsmanship (I find every artist does something different and their real work is to find what doesn't work and what's really inspiring).

4 - I was very lucky to enjoy doing those things before knowing about "life purpose", but I think the purpose course would narrow it down to the most important one, and help me improve it; which ought to be writing fiction. I'm working on a few projects over the last year and a half and some of them are getting done. I'll definitely plan out to get the life purpose course at some point.

Just lately I've been thinking a lot about experimenting with graphic novels, we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Dantas

@Dantas That's awesome. I also want to buy the life purpose course in the near future, before all my free time gets too swallowed up to do the exercises.

@Dan Arnautu Never read that before. So glad you shared it. I'll share something too, might be helpful or up lifting. I started on guitar and vocals when I was around 14. I learned general rock and classical guitar.  I played in bands for about 15 years. I was always the guy keeping the band drama low and keeping everyone fired up.I wrote, recorded and produced 3 albums. I learned proper singing techniques. I got over singing in front of lots of people by doing it many times. I dropped out of college to make money. Now, I have a blessed and fulfilled life. I learned about myself and people on many levels from the music and from my experience with it. I'm self employed, and I attribute the success of my business, mostly, to the music. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Love it! That's extraordinary! I am also the guy who keeps the drama low everywhere ... Egoic behaviour seems to be much more pronnounced in the music industry than in other industries, at least on the low and middle levels.

My plan & my life purpose:

I want to lose weight first. Like there is a new year resolution, I have a pre new year resolution that by the end of this year 2017 I want to be a new Shubham who is more fit and strong then the present one. This will make me gain more true confidence and will also bring patience and certain qualities that I will need to achieve my passion. 

Secondly I want to be financially free. There should be a money cycle in my life. Like some online business or something whichever I will choose or dive in to. With the earnings I will fulfill my basic needs and responsibilities towards my family. Then with my savings I will dive into POKER. I know I have the talent and wisdom to play it. I just need to channelize with the right energy. I will never lend money with POKER winnings or never borrow money for playing it. I will fulfill my materialistic desires with my winnings and also donate a % of my winnings to some organizations that work for the welfare of a new education research whose aim will be to make people financially free by the age of 20.

I love life purpose. It's my first stepping stone. Things start falling into place once you discover and create this path. I got the job that I love because of the life purpose path, not the other way around. I did not write a resume (CV). I went networking and found a mentor and work for his school as a bilingual teacher. He needed such a teacher for his school. I also love art and music a lot - love playing the piano. I'm donating five of my paintings to my mentor's school - still working on two of them. Here are two of them:

2016-11-12 10.06.30.jpg2016-11-26 11.11.45.jpg

(I signed it with my website but sorry, I covered it with hearts - not ready to show it.)

I also plan to incorporate non-duality / spirituality in my life purpose - with any two languages, you could be a guide / pointer.