Mondsee

Sleep Paralysis

6 posts in this topic

I don't know exactly under which category to post this, but I'll try here.

Today I woke up, I was absolutely aware of what was going on around me, could hear everything, feel everything, but I could not move at all.

I remember trying to open my eyes, trying to say something, and also to move my arms very very consciously, I was even thinking, "WTF, why can't I move!? eyes, open, open!" But nothing happened. After what felt like a minute, I could finally open my eyes.

Apparently, this phenomenon is called sleep paralysis. I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone here, and if there is some practice to take advantage of it in case it happens again (thinking about lucid dreaming, astral projection and all that stuff I don't know much about).

Interested in your experiences, opinions, ideas and knowledge! :)

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Yes happened to me several times. In the beginning it was scary and I did everything trying to move. But now I just surrender to it instead and eventually fall asleep again and wake up normally. Sometimes when I fall asleep again I dream that I wake up and crawling away from bed and thinking I finally was going to make it. Then I open my eyes realized I'm still laying there unable to move. lol :/

I don't know anything about lucid dreaming, astral projection etc.

I do quite often realize I am dreaming thou and just starting doing whatever I feel like. Who cares about moral.
If I am in a nightmare and realize I'm dreaming I use some techniques to wake up: slap myself in the face, bending my eyes open with my fingers, shake my head. It's all in the dream, this doesn't happened in reality.

A couple of night ago I jumped of a cliff thinking that I'll probably just wake up when I land anyway. Which I did.

How fucked up am I?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

On 01/06/2017 at 3:18 AM, Mondsee said:

Apparently, this phenomenon is called sleep paralysis. I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone here, and if there is some practice to take advantage of it in case it happens again (thinking about lucid dreaming, astral projection and all that stuff I don't know much about).

Apparently using "awakening without movement" is the easiest and fastest way to LD/AP.

Check out the Indirect Method in M. Raduga's book "The Phase" (there is a free version on their website).

BTW if you do more research online you will find confirmation that it is nothing to worry about with SP , just to put your mind at ease

@Mondsee it happened to me and it freaked me out at first, and then i started reading and reaching out to more resources

im still confused and interested in knowing your experience more or what are the resources are you reaching out to for better understanding

On 5/31/2017 at 10:18 PM, Mondsee said:

I don't know exactly under which category to post this, but I'll try here.

Today I woke up, I was absolutely aware of what was going on around me, could hear everything, feel everything, but I could not move at all.

I remember trying to open my eyes, trying to say something, and also to move my arms very very consciously, I was even thinking, "WTF, why can't I move!? eyes, open, open!" But nothing happened. After what felt like a minute, I could finally open my eyes.

Interested in your experiences, opinions, ideas and knowledge! :)

I've had sleep paralysis and OBEs for almost 15 years. I made several videos on the topic along with lucid dreaming. You can also ask me specific questions too.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Mondsee just wiggle your fingers or try squeeze your face this wakes me up from sleep paralysis 95% of times. If it's not at least you're awareness you're in sleep paralysis so you can just allow it. Try see what fun stuff hallucinations nightmarish visions your mind comes up with!