Extreme Z7

Fear Of Nothingness?

6 posts in this topic

I really need help with something.

For the first time in my life, I experienced a strong surge of fear near the end of my meditation session. This was, by far, one of the most concentrated and focused I was during a meditation session and I reached an almost non-dual state near the end. But after a few seconds of being in that state, I felt strong sensations of fear from the lower portion of my body then it rose upwards then I was basically just covered in it.

It didn't even feel like I was scared of anything outside of me, it was just pure fear arising on its own.

Has anyone experienced this before? I really want to get to bottom of what this was and what this means for my meditation practice because I sure as hell want to avoid having more experiences like these.

@Extreme Z7

This would help. He adresses the fear of nothingness. 

What you experienced is resistance from the ego. It's very normal. Just observe it, aknowledge it as being resistance and go forward. Fear is ok.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Extreme Z7 This is a purging process. Keep on meditating and this too shall pass. This emotions can get stuck in the body. Muscles get tense by fear. When you meditate you are releasing this tension and fear comes to the surface.

On 29/05/2017 at 1:15 PM, Extreme Z7 said:

I really need help with something.

For the first time in my life, I experienced a strong surge of fear near the end of my meditation session. This was, by far, one of the most concentrated and focused I was during a meditation session and I reached an almost non-dual state near the end. But after a few seconds of being in that state, I felt strong sensations of fear from the lower portion of my body then it rose upwards then I was basically just covered in it.

It didn't even feel like I was scared of anything outside of me, it was just pure fear arising on its own.

Has anyone experienced this before? I really want to get to bottom of what this was and what this means for my meditation practice because I sure as hell want to avoid having more experiences like these.

That's only the beginning.

You want to avoid these experiences ?
I'm sorry but you can't, and there is no way you can stop it now, it's too late for that.

The illusion of your current self has to die, what do you think that implies ? hummm ? :P

I hope you're ready because it's gonna go wild xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I remember the first time I experienced this during a mediation session. It happened just like you described, I felt this very intense fear come up out of nowhere, and I didn't know why. Oh man... Buckle up my friend ... And keep moving forward. This was a turning point for me the first time it happened, shit started getting crazy after that. xD