Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

What Do You Guys Think Of Melania Trump As A Role Model ?

63 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Loreena said:

Would  you call a beggar on the street successful ?

Yeah I would, they are more admirable than anyone else on the planet.

Beggars are the ones who have chosen to have the balls to go against the corrupt system called society, and live on their own terms. Even if that mean no internet, electricity, home, good food, etc. And also women, who are too myopic to see the value of children being raised by such a man, and such harsh living conditions. The type of women you would know so well.

Not women's fault. Their unconscious behavior and myopic views are not in their control.

I wrote down 50 beliefs I have.

Many are about men. 

And women.

And money.

And value.

And on the weekends, I use a random number generator to select 3 of them.

And I sit and question and turn them around.

And blow them up.

Because they're bullshit. 

@Leo Gura This thread needs to be locked? Where are the mods? 

nothing is anything

23 minutes ago, eskwire said:

@Leo Gura This thread needs to be locked? Where are the mods? 

Why?  

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

8 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Why?  

Political figure and gossip.

nothing is anything

When I  was thinking  of her,  I wasn't  really  thinking of the model,  money,  gold-digger sort of stuff.  Let's keep  the past to the past.  I was  focusing  on her positive  traits and  that is being able  to be positive,  warm and polite wherever  she went which is a quality  you rarely see in loudmouthed or cynical  media people.  So It was refreshing  to see someone being so graceful and elegant.  And that's  the reason I felt she was a role model and  not for marrying  a rich guy.  That's  probably  the aspect  I overlooked

8 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Diogenes was a Greek philosopher and one of the founders of Cynic philosophy.  Diogenes made a virtue of poverty. He begged for a living and often slept in a large ceramic jar in the marketplace.

Alexander The Great, the King of Macedonia, conqueror of the Persian empire and the greatest military genius of all time, admired Diogenes and asked him if he may do anything for him, to which Diogenes replied, “Only step out of my sunlight.” He became known as the only person to make fun of Alexander the Great and actually live.

He used to live naked; he was a very healthy and beautiful man. Even Alexander the Great felt a little jealous. He had everything, but the beauty of Diogenes, his marble-like body, his statue-like firmness….

Diogenes-bw-Feat..jpg?fit=470,280

Here's another conversation they had:

Alexander: If I were not Alexander, I would want to be Diogenes.

Diogenes: If I were not Diogenes, I would also want to be Diogenes.

12 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Why?  

2 minutes ago, eskwire said:

Political figure and gossip.

Yeah It's  a political  figure.  But It's  not a political  discussion.  There was nothing  about political issues discussed here.  And there's  no gossip.  This is a flow of ideas and people  can have different  perspectives on a subject.  There is no point in suffocating a discussion.  

2 minutes ago, username said:

Here's another conversation they had:

Alexander: If I were not Alexander, I would want to be Diogenes.

Diogenes: If I were not Diogenes, I would also want to be Diogenes.

That's  a nice one.  

Just now, Fidelio said:

She's from eastern Europe, and that's just how the women are. She's also probably embarrassed on an hourly basis by her husband's crude behavior. Trump exemplifies everything people hate about Americans.

That's  fine.  Let's not focus on the negative  aspects.  That way we always tend to be cynical and  judgmental about everything.  

5 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Yeah It's  a political  figure.  But It's  not a political  discussion.  There was nothing  about political issues discussed here.  And there's  no gossip.  This is a flow of ideas and people  can have different  perspectives on a subject.  There is no point in suffocating a discussion.  

Any discussion has a flow of ideas. The community has guidelines for a reason.

Debating the significance or value of a celebrity is gossip. 

nothing is anything

2 minutes ago, eskwire said:

Any discussion has a flow of ideas. The community has guidelines for a reason.

Debating the significance or value of a celebrity is gossip. 

I am  discussing  her qualities.  Every person  out there is in the media.  

@Loreena

A beggar can be a Buddha, but it is very rare. A rich man can be a retard, but it is also very rare. If a person wants to earn money and still he can't earn, it shows that he is not intelligent. It is more likely that if a person is smart , handsome and rich - he is intelligent. If you have option, choose a rich person.

Just now, Prabhaker said:

@Loreena

A beggar can be a Buddha, but it is very rare. A rich man can be a retard, but it is also very rare. If a person wants to earn money and still he can't earn, it shows that he is not intelligent. It is more likely that if a person is smart , handsome and rich - he is intelligent. If you have option, choose a rich person.

Well not likely.  I'd prefer someone  caring and  understanding and that will have nothing  to do with rich or poor.  But having money,  either me or him is just a bonus.  

Just now, Loreena said:

I'd prefer someone  caring and  understanding and that will have nothing  to do with rich or poor.

An intelligent person is caring and  understanding, he can't be otherwise. Rich and happy person is more likely to be caring and  understanding. A miserable person spreads misery. 

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

I am  discussing  her qualities.  Every person  out there is in the media.  

That's fine. Start a thread with a contemplation on "classiness." This thread turned into an open tire fire of people's twisted opinions on gender and money because they focused on the *political* person you chose to exemplify a quality. 

Hence the wisdom of the guidelines.

nothing is anything

1 minute ago, eskwire said:

That's fine. Start a thread with a contemplation on "classiness." This thread turned into an open tire fire of people's twisted opinions on gender and money because they focused on the *political* person you chose to exemplify a quality. 

Hence the wisdom of the guidelines.

That's ok.  People have opinions.  No need to get all fired up.  

9 minutes ago, Loreena said:

I am  discussing  her qualities.

Financial richness is also a quality, those who deny are deceiving themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

An intelligent person is caring and  understanding, he can't be otherwise. Rich and happy person is more likely to be caring and  understanding. A miserable person spreads misery. 

Hmmm.  You surely have a point there.  

1 minute ago, Fidelio said:

...but you just railed in a previous post about not wanting to marry a poor guy. It seemed a bit shallow if I am being perfectly honest.

When?  Yeah poverty is a problem.  If it wasn't  a problem  we wouldn't  be putting  so much effort in trying  to get rid of it.  There is nothing shallow in looking for someone i think as successful.  Although I'm not looking  for someone like that but I'm just saying there is no problem  even  if someone  does.  It's  their choice. My marriage  preferences are mine and I have no problem  whether  rich or poor.  But I said there is  nothing wrong in liking someone for being successful.  

10 minutes ago, Loreena said:

That's ok.  People have opinions.  No need to get all fired up.  

Admittedly, you're right, I am in a fiery mood today, so I will try to say this in a less abrasive way.

There are consequences to rooting too many threads in opinion and speculation (and gossip).

When too many threads are about opinion, the value of the forum to people who are trying to take action is lost. 

They will see it as a place where people just dick around all day and bullshit with each other - instead of self-actualizing.

The people with the most helpful advice may leave and not come back.

That is what I see and I will leave it at that. 

nothing is anything