eskwire

Non-toxic Cosmetics, Beauty Products

18 posts in this topic

Hola. Been working out and eating well again. Respect for my body has returned! So....

Any recommendations on products you like to use for personal care that don't smell like crayons and gasoline? ?

Note: Yes, some "non-toxic" marketing is goofy AF. Example: Burt's Bees "chemical free" sunscreen. Wtf does chemical free mean, right? I don't care, though. I like the way it feels and it doesn't smell caustic. 

Recommendations please!

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

17 hours ago, eskwire said:

Any recommendations on products you like to use for personal care that don't smell like crayons and gasoline?

Shahnaz Husain has taken the Indian herbal heritage worldwide with a crusader’s zeal. Pioneering the concept of “natural care and cure,” she has established a global network of franchise salons and other ventures and also formulated 375 Ayurvedic products for beauty and health care. According to Shahnaz, “The main reason for the international success of our beauty products is that they are based on Ayurveda.

The Shahnaz Husain Group has acquired a global presence, having sold at leading stores like Harrods and Selfridges in London, Galeries Lafayette in Paris, Seibu chain in Japan, La Rinascente in Milan, El Corte Inglis in Madrid and so on. The Shahnaz Husain Group operates exports through appointed authorised distributors and franchise networks. Today, the Group is exporting to countries around the world, like EU, UK, USA, UAE and other countries of the Middle East, Malaysia, Singapore, EU countries like Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, as well as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and a host of other countries in Asian and African sub continents.

http://www.shahnaz.in/index.php/

Of everything I've changed, water and toothpaste without floride and deodorant without aluminum have been the most impactful feeling to me. (In addition to a managed BMI and letting go of empty calories)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Of everything I've changed, water and toothpaste without floride and deodorant without aluminum have been the most impactful feeling to me. (In addition to a managed BMI and letting go of empty calories)

Nice, I love Tom's of Maine lavender deodorant w/o aluminum. ?

What was your experience with eliminating fluoride? 

nothing is anything

My wife uses that same one, she love's it. Calming smell too.

To me it's like having a headache and then taking something for it and then feeling clear of it when it's gone, except the effect of the removal of fluoride was like letting go of a headache I didn't know I had because, unfortunately and ignorantly I had made it part of my default vibration. I could only notice it once I experienced it's absence, so it's impossible to really communicate. I do understand why Socrate's referred to the pineal gland as where the soul resides, and I would have previously thought I understood that. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm That is very interesting. Thank you for sharing. 

I have been on the fence about removing fluoride. That is perhaps from my degree in public health - "anti-fluoride" people are considered backwards and anti-science in that field. ?

If anyone is interested, here is info on Descartes and his views on the pineal gland as the seat of the soul: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pineal-gland/

@Awomanaware Those satin eyeshadows ????? Thank you!

nothing is anything

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@eskwire May I ask, why do you use floride?

That's a good question. It's the default. I would have to actively seek water without it. Sometimes, I get toothpaste without it. 

nothing is anything

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

@eskwire

https://www.goaquagear.com/products/waterfiltrationpitcher

Here's a link to a water pitcher you can just put in your fridge, if you're into receiving with simplicity everything that happens to you, go ahead and order it.  :)

Yay! I ordered the filtering bottle cap because I constantly drink out of a bottle that looks like the perfect fit and they provide clean water to others with my purchase. I'm so thrilled - thank you, Nahm! ❤

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

@eskwire yaaas, I suggest you try their powders and concealers, you can get testers first, they are amazing! 

Since I've been using flouride free toothpaste, my perioral dermatitis went away. Also, I've been using sulfate free shampoo and my hair looks great. As far as body losions, I am now using pure shea butter or almond oil. Jojoba oil is also great. Olive oil , lemon and carrots for sun tanning. Coconut oil as hair mask... Aaah :) 

But, I would like to switch to natural everything. There is one super cute and valuable handbook "make your place affordable,sustainable nesting skills" by raleigh brighs, about DIY non toxic cleaning products and body care. :)

@Awomanaware Perfect! I will grab that book.

I went no-shampoo for a while, but it didn't go well for me (dandruff ?). Argan oil has worked like a charm on my hair.

I made my own perfumes out of oils/witch hazel/distilled water and loved that. I used to clean with vinegar. 

It's sad. I used to be *all about it* with a natch lifestyle and then fell back into using normal garbage. Damn society. 

nothing is anything

@eskwire same happened with me for dandruff! I guess the scalp needs some time to adjust, but that can be a bit awkward right :S oh I need to try argan also! And perfumes! Everything! :D

Well yeah, it's hard nowdays to stay 100% "clean" regarding cosmetics, or let's say aware - so that we don't go too much off topic since we are on actualized.org haha :D this feels like a cosmetics enlightenment topic now lol :D anyways, it takes a lot of time to make everything, and money too, if you want a good quality product. But I think it is really worth it. One day, I will just eat raw, do yoga, meditate and make my own products. And watch Leo's videos ofc xD and hopefully I won't have dandruff. :D

12 minutes ago, Awomanaware said:

@eskwire same happened with me for dandruff! I guess the scalp needs some time to adjust, but that can be a bit awkward right :S oh I need to try argan also! And perfumes! Everything! :D

Well yeah, it's hard nowdays to stay 100% "clean" regarding cosmetics, or let's say aware - so that we don't go too much off topic since we are on actualized.org haha :D this feels like a cosmetics enlightenment topic now lol :D anyways, it takes a lot of time to make everything, and money too, if you want a good quality product. But I think it is really worth it. One day, I will just eat raw, do yoga, meditate and make my own products. And watch Leo's videos ofc xD and hopefully I won't have dandruff. :D

@Awomanaware Yes, I am liking how this thread is going!

IMO the dandruff thing is really about diet. It's an overproduction of sebum from carbs/sugars that we can scrub off with shampoo. Again, just my non-medical opinion. If I ever get my diet cleaned up enough to resolve that issue, I will go no-shampoo again because the rest of my hair felt so much better.

It seems like I fall off track not due to money or time, but apathy. When I am high on life and care about it all, this stuff is easy and DELIGHTFUL. When I can barely see a reason to slog through another day....different story, right?

The quality of our consciousness is reflected in everything we do. It applies to this, too, most definitely! ?

nothing is anything