alyra

Need To Learn To Cry Again

9 posts in this topic

as a kid I was heavily bullied and "toughened up" and stopped crying. 

then, now, I haven't cried in over 10 years. this weekend I managed to shed two tears for the first time in forever... only two... I cried for the first time in 10 years about 4 months ago... and rarely was "crying" even one full tear. at best, a trembling outcry. usually dry. 

I want to let it all out again. and I want to be able to cry freely, whenever the mood calls for it... whether they are tears of joy, tears of sorrow... tears of anger or pain.. tears of love... 

any advice on how to go forward with this? I want to cry again. 

@alyra treadmill or elliptical, medium to high pace, listening to motivational speeches. At around 30 minutes, YouTube some tear jerking, heart warming moments (soldiers coming home to their kids, etc)  It's ridiculous but it works well. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 5/21/2017 at 10:03 PM, Capethaz said:

Meditation (45 minutes a day)

can you elaborate? 

Same here, I am not emotional at all and I have so little empathy that I have massive problems connecting to people, just because I don't understand them.

But for some reason, music makes me very emotional. So listening to the right music while thinking about stuff really helps me process e.g. situations that have an emotional side to them. It even made me shed a tear once, even though there was basically no reason to cry.

@alyra Watch Leo's video on the power of self acceptance. The exercise in there can make you cry if you process the full implications of what he says.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

i can relate to what you're saying.

i took ayahuasca and all the tears that were bottled up inside came out. it was so enjoyable. i was crying like a 5-year-old for 3 hours.

What do you think will make you cry? It seems like you consider crying as a form of weakness. If you can look at crying as a form of empowerment, It will come much easier. I try to avoid crying at all costs because it makes me feel weak. That is just something that society programmed me with. There is nothing wrong with crying, it can actually feel really good and refreshing. For me, I am very passionate about music, and certain songs will bring on the tears because they are so beautiful. Obviously you don't want to put yourself in dangerous or painful situations just to cry, but just know that it is ok. Crying is a completely normal human response. Let it out.

I just realized I have almost said the same thing as Philip. Whatever it is about music gets me.