dude

Enlightenment Vs Obtaining Knowledge

8 posts in this topic

I was watching leo's new video (27 Qualities Of All Successful People). Now I stand before a paradox, manifesting the 27 qualities or resolving my knowledge graph. Also Leo talks about reading a lot of books so you get a lot of wisdom, but isn't this futher building up on your knowledge graph.

These are the Qualities I think are not helping me toward enlightenment: - Abnormally hardworking - Manipulative - Desire to be the best - Opinionated

Does anyone have some advice for resolving this paradox or is it one or the other. And does someone have advice for the balance of enlightenment work and succes in your carreer.

Yes here is advice!

If you look at the Graves model. This video is meant for people at stage orange. Those are people who strive to be succesful. I do think the video on those qualities was earlier made than some other, I could be wrong. Notice that he justs shares qualities of succesful people, this time he is not stressing that you should work on it.

Enlightened people still create things, but it comes from another place. It is not egoïc and is just an expression to add to the well-being of all. Like a selfless-service. 

I would still strive success in your career. With enough spiritual practice your values begin to change. It will be a slow change. You may discover you want not just succes, but to create. You will get more freedom progressing your spiritual practice, and everything will stam from a healthier place. 

See it more as a slow transition from wanting progress and succes to wanting to create. 

note: I felt with that video that he talked more from a egoïc place, or a place that was less authentic than some of his other videos. When he talks in videos he taked a lot of time to make, you feel that 'woooow, I am so excited to play this video further', and it is so much value, mind-blowing, eye-opening and listining pleasure experience.

I think everyone has noticed how much Leo has changed over the year. It looks like he is really comfertabel and knows that he is in the place he is supposed to be. Amazing guy. 

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Ordinary knowledge is still useful. Just because you are enlightened doesn't mean you will know how to change the oil in your car. If you want that oil changed, you might crack open a book and read how it's done.

Don't make this a battle between enlightenment vs success. You should be able to do both if you want.

Be careful about this stereotype of enlightened people being bums who live in caves. Most of them actually are not. Many of them go on to achieve success. Because there's nothing inherently wrong with success, when it's done from a genuine place.

Enlightenment itself can be considered a form of success. And to be enlightened, having those 27 qualities would be quite helpful. Mediocre people rarely get enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Many enlightenment paths call to essentially stop playing and just become dull, they are the easiest and the quickest enlightenment paths I ever seem personally, forget your name and your life, be nothing and do nothing and die before your die, these radical paths worked for so many people, but I noticed most of these people are either retired, too old, simple or with temporal disease, these paths are nice to explore to get the strongest taste about enlightenment, but I personally found it difficult to apply in our modern, capitalist life.
You are obviously an ambitious guy, I don't think you are interested in becoming dull :)
You as human have a powerful mind, unique talents and capabilities comparing to all other creatures at least on this planet, I believe that we are not here to just eat and reproduce.
Enlightenment + Ambitions can turn your life into a fun game to play, ambitious enlightened people are the ones who are making the revolutionary jumps in the human evolution on this planet, you just need to work on your alignments and find the right balance between your ambitions and the spiritual path.

Edited by Rufus

In the modern society i feel the activities pushes ourselves away from the peace that is needed to 

invest on meditation and becaming enlightened.

The pain caused for the frenetic rhythm of knowledge absorption imposed by the system takes us sometimes totally to the outside world, so the inside aspect of it gets unbalanced.

It seems to be a battle between what we really want and what is really possible in our environment.

There is a difference between obtaining knowledge, and true insight/realization. That can only come from within. Be careful not to turn into someone who reads the words and takes on that as his "identity".

7 hours ago, dude said:

I was watching leo's new video (27 Qualities Of All Successful People). Now I stand before a paradox, manifesting the 27 qualities or resolving my knowledge graph. Also Leo talks about reading a lot of books so you get a lot of wisdom, but isn't this futher building up on your knowledge graph.

These are the Qualities I think are not helping me toward enlightenment: - Abnormally hardworking - Manipulative - Desire to be the best - Opinionated

Does anyone have some advice for resolving this paradox or is it one or the other. And does someone have advice for the balance of enlightenment work and succes in your carreer.

Build a strong ego through personal development and becoming as successful as you want to be. Don't feel guilty about it or feel as though you shouldn't be. But be mindful of the ego's illusions, self-congratulatory talk, and self-deprecating talk. Make systematic efforts to unravel the ego's illusions, as you develop it. Repressing the ego will never help you transcend it. If the ego has needs, meet them but do so mindfully. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

You can be enlightened and do what ever you want, but I would still think that any enlightened person would warmly laugh at wanting to be successful or thriving for things in this world. Many enlightened people end up doing great programs for others and they have talks and seminars, they might travel a lot but I don't think anyone of them if power, success or fame hungry. They enjoy life and all things that come to them but they do not go and try to seek anything. 

I don't personally really resonate with all these ideas of how to be successful in relationships or business or life or whatnot. I think it is trying to do it all by yourself and effort so much. You don't need that much effort and trying for anything in my opinion. Most things that I have done in my life that have yielded beautiful results have been completely effortless and so much fun. Someone looking at my things might have said if looks like I worked a lot for it, and I kind of did, but it was so natural, so interesting, so appealing that I wanted to know more. I did not have to effort myself into trying a new thing or push myself towards some kind of a goal. It happened because something inside of me just moved me to that direction. So simple, so easy, so effortless. So fun.